• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATM Strategy - Simple Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Strategy - Simple Question

I have a simple question on using ATM Strategy and need your advice.
    Say for example I am trading FOREX and I have an ATM Strategy created to set StopLoss at 20pips and TrailStop for each tick above profit.

Now my question is if I manually modify the StopLoss while the ATM strategy is running, will it continue to work.

For example, I placed a trade with the ATM Strategy and I realized I need to move the StopLoss to 30 pips instead of 20 pips as specified in the ATM Strategy. If I manually move the StopLoss, will the ATM strategy continue to work? I mean, will it continue to trail stop to 30 pips as I set from the chart or will it go back to 20 pip trail stop as it is specified in the strategy?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. No, modifying the order won't alter the applied stop strategy. You can, however, right click on the stop > select Auto Trail > select the checked Enabled line to disabled. Next, right click on the stop again to go to Auto Trail > Auto Trail Properties to apply a new trailing stop.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by StevenNelson, Today, 05:39 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_PatrickG  
    Started by tff2011, Today, 01:15 AM
    1 response