Chart update interval in NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart update interval in NT8?

Is there a chart update interval setting on NT8 like in NT7? I usually use 50ms (I don't watch my instruments, usually just one) so I would like to change it from the default. I couldn't find anything on it by searching other than some feature requests for it back in 2016 but I was unable to trace those to any sort of resolution.

Thanks!

Hello brett0,

Thank you for the post.

Thanks for the feedback.

It is not currently possible to adjust the refresh rate of a chart window in NinjaTrader 8, but we are tracking user interest.

I will add your vote to this feature request and update this post when I receive the tracking number.

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1536. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_Melissa; 12-17-2019, 02:59 PM.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok great, thanks Melissa

Comment

And what is the actual interval? 250ms like default in NT7?

Comment

See the "Make chart refresh rate faster than 250ms possible" thread here.

Comment

#brett0
            To overcome this retrograde step enforced in 8 (which is not fit for my and many other users' purpose), #Hurleydood created an indicator called TickRefresh which essentially gives you back the NT7 capability you desire in response to this thread and others, now going back over 4 years.

You can find TickRefresh on the Ecosystem. There, you will find a warning advice from Ninjatrader cautioning its use because of potential undesirable effects on platform performance.

I have used TickRefresh ever since Hurleydood made it available, on all my fast tick charts (12 off running concurrently), with 100ms (default NT7 setting, c/w fixed 250ms (4fps) in 8.

I have never experienced the issue Ninjatrader advise caution over, or any other due to the use of TickRefresh.

I stress that I am in no way suggesting Ninja's cautionary advice isn't warranted, and others' setups including yours may well experience the problems described.

Other users may see this and helpfully chime in for you, with good, or bad experiences

For me, it was worth testing to find out mine doesn't. Ever.

Without TickRefresh I would no longer be using NT8, as 250ms renders it not fit for purpose for use.

Ninja have been tracking interest for many years and have given no indication that they will change the platform to the superior NT7 functionality.

Thought it in your interests for you to be aware of the full picture so you know workaround options that are available, and not misunderstand that tracking interest and adding your vote has any implication of changes being made.

Kind regards,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Perr0Grande  
            Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes