• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Disabling the OCO Setting for a (New) Resting Limit Order FROM an Existing Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabling the OCO Setting for a (New) Resting Limit Order FROM an Existing Order

I would appreciate anyone's help with a solution to the following NT8 ATM OCO scenario, as I can't seem to find the solution. As an example (please see attachment) ... if I bought CL @ 56.80 using a basic ATM strategy, and my single target is @ 57.18 (38 ticks) and I also (simultaneously) place a NEW resting Sell Limit Order @ 57.19 to enter Short (1 tick above the target), how do I remove the OCO function for the new Sell Limit Order? With the NT8 default setting, once the target @ 57.18 is filled, the OCO function naturally cancels the Stop associated with that order but it also cancels the (NEW) resting Sell Limit Order @ 57.19 to go Short. I realize there is a "reverse at target" setting, however, I'm interested in understanding how to handle scenarios whenever there is a 1 or greater tick spread between the target and a new limit order. Thanks in advance for any help. Jim
    Last edited by TraderJim618; 12-07-2019, 01:25 PM.

Hi TraderJim618, thanks for your note.

It seems like you are attaching your orders to the same ATM template. Try this as a test and see if it works for you:

Select your ATM template and apply it to an order, or open a position. Notice how the ATM template has a lightning bolt next to it, this means it active.
    Select the template from the list again such that it has an itallic i next to the name, now submit your new order with a new ATM strategy applied.

Please let me know if this does not resolve your inquiry.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Chris.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Simon Investimens, Today, 03:26 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Marco  
      Started by fx.practic, Today, 05:15 AM