Turn off left vertical price axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn off left vertical price axis

Somehow I managed to turn on the LEFT vertical price axis on a chart. How do I turn it off?

Hello NW Trader,

Thanks for your post.

Right-click in your chart > Select Data Series > On the right side of the Data Series properties window, change the Scale Justification to Right > Click OK.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
      Hello NW Trader,

Thanks for your post.

Right-click in your chart > Select Data Series > On the right side of the Data Series properties window, change the Scale Justification to Right > Click OK.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
      That selection is already on "Right". Somehow when I double clicked near the left side of the chart the LEFT price axis appeared so I now have BOTH price axis displayed.

Comment

Hello NW Trader,

Thank you for your post.

This may also be caused by indicators using the scale justification set to left.

I would recommend right-clicking on your chart and selecting 'Indicators' and go through all the indicators in the 'Configured' list ensuring that every indicator is set to 'Right'.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
        Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My apologies for not getting right back to you on this. Apparently this was a NT8 glitch. Once I closed the program and restarted it, the left axis on that chart disappeared.

Comment

This just happened to me, too. I had to reload the chart template. I would appreciate knowing how it might have happened and how to remove it, if it happens again.

Comment

Hello vickisb,

This would indicate that an element on your chart is set to the Left Scale Justification as shown in the example attached.

We recommend checking all the elements of your chart i.e. Data Series and Indicators, that they are set to 'Right'.

Attached Files

Comment

This is a longstanding bug that can be frustrating. What happens is you click something on your chart of indicator and do a click/drag with the cursor for a microsecond. This then jerks the interior setting of whatever item you were clicked on - price bards, ema, RSI, etc, and jumps it's scale to the left. You can reverse this per the staff instructions above, or by simply figuring out what item you just click/dragged - and doing it a second time pops the scale back to the right.

Comment

Hello all,

This is not a bug but a little known function of the drag and drop method as you may drag and drop items in the chart to move them.

If you click on an indicator and drag your mouse to the left it changes the scale justification to the left. Likewise doing this to the right changes it back to the scale justification right.

You may also use this to move indicators or the data series to another panel.

If you wish to disable to drag and drop function you may right click on your chart and select 'Properties'.

Then uncheck the 'Allow the selection or drag/drop of data series' option and click 'OK' to save the changes.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Spencer; 02-14-2024, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post kempotrader  
                  Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes