complete lock up- zero responsiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

complete lock up- zero responsiveness

I have assignments due and had planned on working on historical trades all day today but the system is so broke it wont do anything
    the NT8 system starts but as I scroll over the different charts, all toolbars disappear. I cant right click or left click, the control center will open once but no buttons work, cant right or left click on anything. I have to use task manager to close out every time.
    my biggest disappointment is that I've NEVER had any other platform from any other provider lock up so completely that it becomes useless without me being able to recover it..The support page has zero information for troubleshooting issue like this, I cant even find info on deleting and reloading!

I could give you instructions on how to completely remove and re-download NinjaTrader, but that may be using a sledge hammer when a scalpel would do. Our support team's primary purpose is to ensure that your NinjaTrader is running as expected. While the forums are good for general support, we will need more specific information about your PC/NinjaTrader than can be gathered publicly.

Please write an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum thread and "2356216" in the body. Also, include your log/trace files. Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email:
    • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

Thanks Patrick,
      definitely want to go the scalpel route but time is important too. I would prefer the previous format my workspaces was recovered but I don't mind resetting everything either. I'm on a vacation day from work with the full intent of completing training assignments I have that are due. I hope today isn't a wasted vacation day...
      I do appreciate the help though.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post sightcareclickhere  
      Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
      9 responses