• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

One Instrument Locking NT8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Instrument Locking NT8

It seems that NQ (Sept 18) contract is locking up NT8. It was working earlier and then I notices some of the indicators (RSI for example) stopped updated. Then NQ stopped updating. My other instruments kept working and updating. I shutdown and re-started and it tries to load NQ and freezes. The other instruments do not load and I have to crash NT.

Please advise.

Please answer these questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Version 8.0.14.1 64-bit

Connected to MyNinjaTrader Continuum

There are no errors on the screen. I do not see any errors in the Log on the Control Center.

Comment

I see that you're one version behind (8.0.14.1). The current version is 8.0.14.2. Please follow the steps listed below to upgrade NinjaTrader:
        • Copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key.
        • Close all running applications.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
        • Reboot your PC.
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.
        • http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

After the upgrade, please reset your instruments:
        • First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
        • Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
        • In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
        • Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur
        Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Resolved

I have followed the instructions provided and upgrade NT8 to the latest version. I have not had the issue for 2 days now.

I consider this issue to be resolved and can be closed.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fredfred, Today, 03:41 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post fredfred  
          Started by TraderYoda, Today, 03:33 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes