Available data chart type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Available data chart type

When I dig into the Strategies, I found that "Heiken Ashi", "Kagi", and "Renko" chart type are available to choose in strategy properties. But when I look at the chart tool, these types do not show up for choosing chart type. Are they available in the chart, and how can I find them?

Thank you!

The chart bar types you've listed are available for charting. Are you referring to creating a new chart via the Control Center's 'New' menu? If not, could you elaborate further where in NinjaTrader specifically you're not seeing those chart types as available?

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      The chart bar types you've listed are available for charting. Are you referring to creating a new chart via the Control Center's 'New' menu? If not, could you elaborate further where in NinjaTrader specifically you're not seeing those chart types as available?

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
      Yes, I'm referring to creating the new chart. I'm using NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

What specific version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please view my previous post on how to find this information.

These types are available in the 'Type' drop down list:What do you see when you click on this list?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          What specific version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please view my previous post on how to find this information.

These types are available in the 'Type' drop down list:What do you see when you click on this list?
          Thanks for the screenshot. I was looking in the wrong place. I got it.

Comment

Patrick, the default bar size for the Renko Chart is 3. I've been using that default, so I understand on my usual timeframe that is 3 ticks. What if I wanted to do a Renko Chart for hourly or daily level information? I understand that Renko charts do not use time parameters, so what size bar would you suggest for hourly or daily data, or is it even feasible to do?

Comment

This is not a feasible question as the whole point of a Renko bar is that it is specifically not based on time. There is no way to predict future price movement so this would be fairly impossible to accomplish with any accuracy.

You can read more about Renko bars here:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
              15 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post xiinteractive  
              Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
              1 response
              0 likes