Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    If you have real-time data, then the other likely root cause is an out of sync PC clock. Please use the steps below to change/check your Time Zone and sync the PC clock:
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader
    • Right-click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop
    • Select Adjust date/time
    • For Windows 10 click 'Additional date, time, & regional settings' -> then click 'Set the time and date'
    • Select the 'Internet Time' tab at the top
    • Set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update.
    • If the message that appears says successful your PC clock should now be updated.
    • If not, select a different server from the Server: drop-down and try again (repeat until one of the servers is successful)
    After updating the PC clock, please restart NinjaTrader, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data.

Leave a comment:

• lunardiplomacy
    replied
    Thank you for getting back to me. In the order that you asked, here are the answers to your questions...

8.0.18.1 64-bit

NinjaTrader Continuum (Live)

MNQ 12-19

3-minute (and the "bar timer" label specifies this in parenthesis at the top left of my chart)

No errors in log or pop-up

Also, as a note, I am quite certain that I am connected to real-time data because the price updates in more or less the exact same way as it does on my other platform. That, and I can trade on it successfully.

Another note, my system clock seems to be out of sync with NinjaTrader, as the error logs are timestamped at times that don't correlate with when certain actions were actually executed by me. Could this have something to do with the problem?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickG
    replied
    Based on your description, it sounds like you're not receiving any real-time data.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 12-19, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Leave a comment:

• lunardiplomacy
    started a topic Bar Timer Not Working

Bar Timer Not Working

Hello,

The indicator "Bar Timer" that loads with Ninjatrader is not working, and has never worked for me. When I apply it to a chart, it simply prints zeros and stays that way. I even downloaded a third-party indicator called "FancyBarTimer" and even that one is just frozen at a certain amount of time (although interestingly that time is never zero as with the normal bar timer).

I use another charting platform while I trade so it never mattered so much that this didn't work, but as I move more and more of my operations to ninjatrader it is becoming more important.

Please help!

Thank you.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
16 responses
0 likes
Last Post samish18  
Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
3 responses
0 likes