Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) for Power Outages

Hello,

I'm researching several Uninterruptible Power Supply options to possibly buy one, in case of a power outage.

I'm looking for one that will give me 30 minutes or more to get out of a live trade, in case the power goes out when I'm in a live trade.

Based on a Power Supply Calculator that I used, I'm thinking that a typical PC with four computer monitors should use around 400 watts of power.

Anyone own or have any experience with any of the following Power Supply units?

TOP 6: Best UPS (Youtube video):

Best 6 UPS1. APC Back-UPS Pro 1500VA UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector - https://amzn.to/2q3rKHo2. CyberPower CP685AVRG AVR UPS System, 685VA/390W, 8 Outl...

Best Uninterruptible Power Supplies 2019 (Youtube video):

✅ Read full article ➡️ https://www.gamingscan.com/best-uninterruptible-power-supplies/⭐️ Subscribe ➡️ https://www.gamingscan.com/subscribe✅Prices✅CyberPower ...

i2w8am9ii2

I researched it a couple years ago and went with APC Smart-UPS 2200 (SMT2200). It was the biggest unit that still uses a 20 amp circuit. Spec is 34 min runtime @ 700W, pure sine wave on battery, with a 5-20P plug (20 amp service). Cooling fan is always on low so not silent but OK, but when on battery (power outage or load test), the fan switches to high RPM which is much louder. Your PC, monitors, and network equipment will probably not be anywhere near 700W, so actual runtime will be much more. For example, the equipment load here is a surprisingly low 320 watts (workstation, six monitors, network appliances), and runtime is 1.5 hours.

Another consideration is whether or not your internet service provider has backup power for their nearby node equipment. The ISP central office will have backup power, but maybe not the local node equipment cabinet. That is usually not an issue for all-fiber connections with UPS for the on-site ONT, but it is for connections with fiber to the node and copper services from there. If not all-fiber and no ISP backup power for node equipment, then you will still lose internet in a power outage despite the UPS battery backup for your own equipment.
    Last edited by Lancer; 12-11-2019, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Hi Lancer,

Thanks for the info; I appreciate it.

I will look into that one.

As for the internet connection, I made another post a couple of days ago regarding options I am researching for a backup internet connection.

Still have not decided upon which way to go with that yet.

i2w8am9ii2

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes