Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recent NT8 installs trigger Kaspersky anti-virus

Hi,
    recent installs of NT8, and in particular v20, cause Kaspersky to find a virus PDM:Exploit:Win32:Generic within NinjaTrader.exe
    I have to try multiple times while Kaspersky cleans the file.
    Could you please check on your end regarding this virus.

Thanks,
    saltminer

Hello saltminer,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

Kapersky users have reported this false positive with the new release, and assure if the file was downloaded from the NinjaTrader website directly, this is virus free, and will want to add an exception in Kapersky for NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Make sure you have the latest version of Kaspersky installed. I upgraded to the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security a couple weeks ago, upgraded to NinjaTrader 8.0.20.0 the day it was released, and have had no warnings from Kaspersky about NinjaTrader containing a virus.
      Last edited by caveat_lector; 12-11-2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Given that Kaspersky doesn't find a virus in the latest version of NinjaTrader on my computer, it could be risky to add an exception for NinjaTrader in Kaspersky, because you may actually have an infected installation. It has become common for malware already running on a comptuer to infect new software as it is being installed. For example, someone downloads and installs software containing malware that installs malicious watchdog code that runs silently in the background waiting for the user to install software from a legitimate source widely assumed to be safe. The newly downloaded software was safe, but the watchdog modifies it during or immediately after installation and implants a virus or some other kind of malware.

Rather than adding an exception, I would uninstall NinjaTrader, upgrade Kaspersky to the latest version, do a full scan, including a rootkit scan, with Kaspersky, and then if Kaspersky doesn't find anything malicious, reinstall NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH