How to lock charts to a workspace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to lock charts to a workspace?

How can I pin the charts to the workspace ?

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

If I understand your question correctly, you want to close a workspace, and then the when you reopen it, have the same windows that were there when you closed it tp be present. You would simply want to save the workspace when you close NinjaTrader down.

Could the following have happened? Upon closing down the software you closed the charts and other windows part of workspace. Subsequently when prompted to save your workspace, you clicked Yes or Yes to all. This caused your workspace to save without the charts and other windows, since they were closed.

This can happen if you shut down NinjaTrader via the Windows task bar. If you right click NinjaTrader in the Windows task bar and select Close, it will close all charts and other windows first and subsequently you will be prompted to save your workspaces. If you now click Yes, it will be saved without the charts and other windows.

You can restore your workspace if you have a backup file that contains your workspace saved with your charts and other windows. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Restore to restore any backup files you may have.

If not, unfortunately you will need to rebuild the workspace.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Marco, thanks for the reply.
      I explained myself badly, my English is very bad.
      My problem is if I mouse-click on the control center or accidentally hit any empty part of the workspace then all of my workspace contents become hidden. Alternatively, if I select "AlwaysOnTop" then I can't toggle between other workspaces or programs. I should be able to pin/lock the charts to the workspace but NT doesn't appear to offer this capability.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further. Do not post these files to the forum directly.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.
        Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherS  
        Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
        1 response
        0 likes