Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 issues with unsupported graphics card

Hello,

I was trading live again today, and in addition to a couple of error messages, regarding trying to move my stop-loss, NT8 froze and then crashed on me in the middle of a trade when I tried to move my stop-loss in CL.

I panicked and called the emergency desk to get me flat, but luckily I was already flat when I reached them. Still I had a large loss as a result of not being able to tighten my stop-loss.

CL was moving very fast when that happened, but this has not happened to me when doing simulated trading.

I do not get so many error messages regarding trying to move my stop-loss when SIM trading and I have not had NT8 freeze and crash on me since the last couple of versions of NT8 came out, when SIM trading.

You would think that the programmers would make NT8 more stable and produce less time consumming error messages when live trading than when SIM trading, but I guess maybe I am expecting too much and should just expect such things and be willing to take the risk and losses and just deal with it.

Screenshots attached,
    Attached Files

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Thank you for your note.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

froze up while in trade

this has now happened to me twice with ninja8 ...the previous version....
      and the one i installed just last nite ... (the latest ver. 8.014) ... (both occured in a "live" trade)

had to use task manager to shut the program down.

if you need any documentation from me before i completely uninstall nina 8 (again) it will only be on my computer for about another 6 hours !!!

DO NOT DISCONTINUE NINJA 7 !!!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

This happens to me as well, even when I am not in a live trade. I think it's a db issue but as it's hard to reproduce on demand, it isn't being seen as an NT issue but rather an indicator issue. Do you have any indicators running on your charts?

Comment

Hello all,

Thanks for posting.

I recommend anyone experiencing this behavior and would like to investigate further with NinjaTrader 8 write in to Platform Support using the instructions provided in our previous note.
          Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes ... but they are NOT 3rd party ... they all came from the ninja indicator site the attached pic ... shows the indicators i use on both a 5m and 1m chart .. i also have a market analyzer running

i was mad when i posted earlier ... i spent hours yesterday / last nite ... re downloading... and setting up everything for today ... only to have the program freeze up ....

ive never had to call the trade desk before .... this year alone .... twice !!

i will send files to support as mentioned
            Attached Files
            Last edited by pfsmedical; 06-21-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

As I said, the issue is not necessarily the indicator. I still think it's an issue related to pulling data from the db and doing the indicator calculations on the fly. I understand the frustration; been there.

EDIT: I have just had a freeze and crash on NT, the latest release. here is the strange part:
              1. Live data feed was off. No data was coming in.
              2. Nothing was being done with the charts.

I simply went to close NT and when I pressed the red X in the top right corner of the Control panel, NT froze and crashed. Had to use the Task Manager to shut it down. There are NO error or warning messages in the trace file and nothing in the Log file.
              Last edited by Zeos6; 06-21-2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

I also had a crash during a live trade and many times since during Sim

I thought this was due to one of my third party indicators but it may not be. Once I have another crash I will send my info to platform support

Comment

Originally posted by pfsmedical View Post
                  yes ... but they are NOT 3rd party ... they all came from the ninja indicator site
                  What site are you referring to? These forums? Our Ecosystem site? No matter the answer, the definition of a 'custom' indicator would be one that you had to import into NinjaTrader.

Crashing/freezing issues do not have a one-size-fits-all root issue or fix. We'll need to analyze all reports on a case by case basis which we can only do effectively via email.

Anyone experiencing these symptoms - please write us an email as instructed in post #2 except exclude the 'ATTN Chris' part and instead provide a brief description of what you're experiencing along with a link to this forum post.

Comment

If it helps anyone here, I had freezing once or a twice a week during live trading over a period of about 3 months with NT8. No errors, had to shut down via Task Manager. It turned out having the NT Output window open on the workspace was causing it. I closed the Output window after support finally found a bug with it when one of my crashes pushed out an Event Viewer error, and haven't had a freeze since, even leaving NT8 open all week.

Comment

i just sent a follow up email ...

but to answer your indicator question ... this is where i have been downloading / importing
                      https://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/local_links.php (ninja8 indicators)

what is the "output window" ??

Comment

Originally posted by pfsmedical View Post
                        i just sent a follow up email ...

but to answer your indicator question ... this is where i have been downloading / importing
                        https://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/local_links.php (ninja8 indicators)

what is the "output window" ??

Ninjascript Output window

Comment

Problems galore

I have also been experiencing the aforementioned problems and some more. It has been so frustrating that I have relegated NT to just doing technical analysis but my live trading is on another platform. One thing that I have noticed recently is when I changed between different workspaces having different instruments, the instrument does not change accordingly. Could you please look into these issues and fix them as there is only so far that you can test the patience of your users.

Comment

Originally posted by mbesha View Post
                            I have also been experiencing the aforementioned problems and some more. It has been so frustrating that I have relegated NT to just doing technical analysis but my live trading is on another platform. One thing that I have noticed recently is when I changed between different workspaces having different instruments, the instrument does not change accordingly. Could you please look into these issues and fix them as there is only so far that you can test the patience of your users.
                            We cannot fix anything without more specific information. We can gather the information we need to resolve what you're experiencing much more efficiently via email.

Anyone experiencing these symptoms - please write us an email as instructed in post #2 except exclude the 'ATTN Chris' part and instead provide a brief description of what you're experiencing along with a link to this forum post.

Comment

pfsmedical, I've taken over your ticket (1925616). I'll be responding shortly. Let's work together today via email/phone/remote to get what you're experiencing resolved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                              Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view