Tick by tick issue with Interactive Brokers data shown in NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick by tick issue with Interactive Brokers data shown in NT8

Hi! I reacently try to connect my new account with the data of interactive brokers and i can't see the tick graph, it just shows a long bar as is shown in the picture.

I tried giving this info to ninja support and they told me that the problem is a matter of Interactive, (They were really kind with all the help). So, the next i did was call IBRK to ask them, and they say it is a difference of versions of the API i think, they couldn't fix it neither.

So, the thing is, it is a known problem, both sides know about it, my question is: Will there be a solution for the problem? Did anyone of the users found solution?

I belive it is a huge broker and a lot of people uses this ticks graphs, it would be nice to have it.

Thanks!

I see that you spoke to my colleague Tyler on the 4th about this in ticket #2352381. To reiterate, NinjaTrader does not currently receive historical tick data from Interactive Brokers because of limitations put in place by Interactive Brokers which restricts the amount and speed at which the data can be requested by a third party application like NinjaTrader. You can read more here:

https://interactivebrokers.github.io...lity&gsc.tab=0

In the future, if Interactive Brokers removes this restriction, I am certain the NinjaTrader Development Team would consider including historical tick data from Interactive Brokers. For now, however, the bottom line is that it is unavailable.

You also discussed options for other data feeds that do provide historical tick data like Kinetick or a NinjaTrader Continuum demo. Please follow up with those emails if you want to proceed.

Comment

Oh i see! Well thanks! That was fast, IBRK should told me that when I asked about this. I hope they improve that.

About the data feeds provided by Kinetick, i wrote to them, they been kind too and they have the solution, but it's priced about $65 base x month. I can't pay that right now.
      About NT continuum demo, it would be amazing but i have my NT license for just 1 broker, (Interactive brokers as i say) and NTC is no longer avaliable to choose in my account

Comment

Hello guillelagoria,

This is Chris following up on behalf of Patrick.

If you fund an account with NinjaTrader Brokerage, then you will receive ongoing market data access through NinjaTrader Continuum. This will provide real-time and historical tick data so you can create tick-based charts within the NinjaTrader platform. If you do decide to move from Interactive Brokers to NinjaTrader Brokerage, then we can convert your single broker license key for no cost.

If you would like more information, you can contact the NinjaTrader Brokerage sales team directly: [email protected]

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Brevo