TD Ameritrade - No access to Streamer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TD Ameritrade - No access to Streamer?

I have an account at TDA, downloaded and installed 64-bit ThinkorSwim, and have both live and paper access in TDA. However, when trying to establish a connection with NT8, after I configure a new connection to TDA via name and passwd, and then click on the connection, an error states: User does not have access to Streamer. I tried the 32-bit NT8 as well as 64-bit and no luck.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Are you attempting to login with your live or paper credentials within NinjaTrader? Or is this occurring with both?

Have you confirmed with TD Ameritrade that your account is allowed to login to NinjaTrader? If not, please do so now and let me know what the report.

Comment

RESOLVED - thanks I am in and getting minute bars for equities. To help future NT8 users with TDA access:

1). NT8 32-bit vs 64-bit doesn't matter. (i'm using 64)

2). The NT8 bridge connection to TDA is only for Equities (stocks, no futures and no forex)

3). You don't need to be logged into TDA via web or Thinkorswim or anything to make a connection.

4). You *must* electronically sign the Exchange Agreement (access to market data), by logging into TDA web page account, then Client Services-->User Profile-->Exchange Agreement (Edit, bottom right of screen), then electornically sign. If you don't do this you will receive a "User is not allowed access to the Streamer" error when trying to connect to TDA via NT8.

5). Once the above are done, in NT8 just "Configure" a new TDA connection by selecting TDA, enter name and passwd, then OK. Next, in NT8 click on the new connection you just created, which is visible in the NT8 Connections pull-down menu.

6. In NT8, create new chart using e.g. symbol INTC (Intel), 1 min bars, and the chart will be populated.
      Last edited by pel11; 06-21-2018, 10:25 AM.

Comment

How do you know if you are logged in to paper or live account at TDA?

Comment

If you go to the Accounts tab of the Control Center, you should see a green light next to all 'connected' accounts. Those are the accounts you have access to within NinjaTrader.

This will be affected by your license key. For example, if you have a live license key entered you should see a green light next to any live/paper accounts your connection provides and also the Sim101 account. When the simulation key is entered, I would expect only the sim101 account to be available.

To my knowledge, paper accounts from TD Ameritrade are not available in NinjaTrader. You should only see your live account. You can verify this by making note of the 'Display name'. That should match your TD Ameritrade live account number.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post gentlebenthebear  
          Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Kaledus