X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom NinjaScript file with errors

I can't import a new indicator because this message comes up:

"You have custom Ninjascript files on your PC that have programming errors"
    This install is from a backup file. Ninja on that computer was working fine when the export backup was done.

How do I fix this?

Hello StevenNelson,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.

For NinjaTrader 8:
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
    • Double click on the Indicators folder--> then double click on any of the indicators
    • Once the indicator code is in view right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
    • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
    • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.
    If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please post a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I had no luck with this. I just want to install Ninja fresh on this new computer. I ran the install file and clicked "remove ninja". I then ran it again to install it. But it still remembers the same issues.
      How can I install Ninja completely fresh?

Comment

Hello StevenNelson,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.
        • If possible, copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key.
        • Close all running applications.
        • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
        • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
        • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
        • Reboot your PC.
        • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.
        Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post yertle
        by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        2 responses