2 accounts trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 accounts trading

Hello I have 2 ninja brokered accounts , can I open 2 super Dom and trade at the same platform on both on the same license or do I need another PC and get another ninjat to trade the other account .
    1 of the accounts with Dorman and one with Philip.
    if I can do it which data feed I have to connect to 1 of them or both and if both does that cause any tutblance in the data feed

Thank you very much

Hello Jccla,

Thank you for your note.

In this case, it wouldn't be possible to connect to both at the same time in the same platform as they are the same connection technology (CQG) but you may be able to contact brokerage to see if the accounts can be bundled together. Generally speaking, connecting to more than one provider doesn't have an effect on the connection quality.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
      Hello Jccla,

Thank you for your note.

In this case, it wouldn't be possible to connect to both at the same time in the same platform as they are the same connection technology (CQG) but you may be able to contact brokerage to see if the accounts can be bundled together. Generally speaking, connecting to more than one provider doesn't have an effect on the connection quality.

Is the following possible?
      Live licence account with NT8 and Iqfeed and also free account with NT7 with the same Iqfeed. In that case you can trade on NT8 and only use NT7 to place orders for the second account.

I connected NT7 and NT8 with the same IQfeed and the both had charts updating and working. But I don't know what would happen if NT7 and NT8 would have a different licence key as IQfeed might check that.

Another option is to open accounts with another broker and execute the traders there.

There is another thread about the same issue. Maybe put them together? In that thread Ninja customer service confirmed that you can trade 2 accounts ( 1 NT7 and 1 NT8) on 1 PC.
      Here is the thread: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...groups-for-nt8

I find NT8 incredibly complete but cannot understand that trading multiple accounts is not possible. To me that's an essential missing part.

Comment

Hello marcus2300,

Thank you for your note.

Yes, in your example that would be possible if your account supports concurrent connections. I was only stating that it is not possible to connect to multiple accounts concurrently for the same provider/broker in the same platform, it would throw an error. You can use the same license key on both platforms on your PC as well. The only limitation with the license keys is you are not able to trade live at the same time across different PCS using the same key.

Comment

Originally posted by Jccla View Post
          Hello I have 2 ninja brokered accounts , can I open 2 super Dom and trade at the same platform on both on the same license or do I need another PC and get another ninjat to trade the other account.
          Yes, you can have multiple live accounts associated with a single NinjaTrader software license, login, and a single data subscription. It is very common, for example, to have a taxable account and an IRA account setup this way. Call NinjaTrader Brokerage to set it up. Once setup, all the accounts will be listed in the NT Control Center window under the Accounts tab. Then any place in NT where you select accounts to trade (DOM, Chart Trader, etc.), you will have all accounts listed on the drop down menu for selection. So, you can open two DOMs, two chart traders, etc., and select any account for live or sim trading. You do not need another PC or another NT license.

Originally posted by Jccla View Post
          if I can do it which data feed I have to connect to 1 of them or both and if both does that cause any turbulence in the data feed.
          You only need one data subscription, and having multiple accounts under one login does not affect the data feed.

Comment

Thank you very much for all the input

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post yertle
            by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM