Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display total volume statistic so far intraday along top of chart

Hi,
    I realize this is a very basic question, but how can I display the total volume statistic so far intraday along top of chart in the platform?
    Thanks,
    iq

Hello iq200,

Thanks for posting.

I'm not aware of an indicator that does exactly what you're asking, but you have a few options for displaying the total volume for the current day.

One would be to open a Market Analyzer window by going to Control Center > New > Market analyzer, right-clicking withing the Market Analyzer to add any instruments you wish to view, then right-clicking again, going to Columns, and adding the Daily Volume column.

You could also add a daily data series to an intraday chart and use the VOL indicator on that data series. From there you can hide the daily data series, but keep the indicator visible. Here's an example of how to set that up:

- Right-click the intraday chart you'd like to add the daily volume statistic to, and go to Data Series.

- Add a daily series for the instrument, then set its Panel property to use the same panel as the primary data series, and set the color for up bars, down bars, candle wick, candle outline and price marker all to Transparent to hide the daily series. You'll also want to set Auto scale to Off so that only the intraday series affects chart scaling.

- Go to the Indicators menu and add the VOL indicator, setting its input series to Daily and Scale justification to Left.

These steps will result in a daily volume scale being shown in the left of your chart, with the total volume displayed as a blue marker, as shown in the following screenshot: http://prntscr.com/qcon0r

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Tyler, Some platforms allow you to have a status line along the top of a chart showing various statistics.
      Here's an example below. All I need is just the intraday total accumulated volume.
      Note I have no clue what the chart contains. I just downloaded an example from the internet.
      Thanks,
      iq
      Attached Files

Comment

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Thanks Tyler.

Comment

Hello iq200,

Thanks for your patience.

Your vote has been added to the existing feature request with tracking ID SFT-597. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes