Series Object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Series Object

Is the NT Series object, i.e. NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Series object, thread-safe? How about thread-safe for reading? Please advise. Thank you.

Hello Zeos6,

The series its self is thread safe in the sense that you can use it with existing NinjaTrader threads and overrides. If you are doing your own threading, this is something you would need to test to see if you have any issues or errors come up. In general, we don't suggest using threading of your own as the platform is already multi-threaded and we cannot provide support for custom threading.

The existing overrides in NinjaScript will not have problems accessing the series, although if you are accessing it from a non-event driven area such as OnRender or a button click event, you will need to use GetValueAt() method.

If you are accessing a Series out of the event driven context from which it was created you will get strange values when using BarsAgo. You would need to instead use direct indexes and the Get method to retrieve the value. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...sub=getvalueat

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse.
      I am exposing results from an indicator to another indicator, and the exposed object is a series. I'd like to use Parallel.Invoke() on some methods and pull information from the exposed Series object. From what you say, it appears that the Series object should be thread-safe, at least for reading which is what I am primarily interested in. I will test it out though.I am aware of the GetValueAt() method as the bars back indexing approach requires syncing the series to the bars. Thanks for the heads up though. It's appreciated.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post bmartz
      by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes