Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sync windows for backtesting

Hi,

I am trying to backtest some setups and strategies. For that, I set up my main window to M5 in the time period of 90 days. Is it possible to sync another window with the timeframe M15 so that when I proceed through my first window (go one-bar at a time) then the second window moves simultaneously (one bar for every three bars in the main window)?

Thanks!

Hello Lester Macena,

Thank you for your post.

In the top right hand corner of the Chart Window you will locate two small squares. Hovering over the second one to the right with your mouse will show you the label 'Instrument Link'. Left click this option and select a color (see attached screenshot).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	InstrumentLink.png
Views:	1
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	887004

Once complete you will then open your 15 minute Chart window for the same instrument and then repeat the steps above and select the same color to link the charts together.

You can find information on Window Linking at the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ng_windows.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I tried it already before posting here. It did not work. Say I go to May 8 on my M5 chart and start moving it one bar at a time, the connected by color M15 does not move at all. What's missing?

Comment

Hello Lester Macena,

Thank you for your response.

Please go to the Chart toolbar select the Cursor option and select 'Global' and do so on the other chart. this will allow you to move the cursor on the 5 minute chart and at the same time move the cursor on the 15 minute chart.

For information on Global Cursor please visit the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...cross_hair.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

I can see cursor's moves on both charts alright. The question was how to make both charts move simultaneously, if at all possible.

Comment

Hello Lester Macena,

If you adjust one chart by left clicking and dragging in the viewable area (where the bars plot) it will move the other chart if the viewable range and the cursor intersect. For information on adjusting charts please visit the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ToScrollAChart

Otherwise there is no means to move the charts together at the same time.

Comment

That works. Thank you!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
              Hello Lester Macena,

If you adjust one chart by left clicking and dragging in the viewable area (where the bars plot) it will move the other chart if the viewable range and the cursor intersect. For information on adjusting charts please visit the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ToScrollAChart

Otherwise there is no means to move the charts together at the same time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse