• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can't Import Metastock Format EOD data into Ninjatrader 8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Could you provide the most up-to-date version of the file which you can import into NinjaTrader 7 but cannot import into NinjaTrader 8?
    Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #17
      Hi,

      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Could you provide the most up-to-date version of the file which you can import into NinjaTrader 7 but cannot import into NinjaTrader 8?

      Yes here you go.

      Attached in Gdrive because of invalid file error in upload section.

      https://drive.google.com/open?id=17m...6tweHiJxWficg2

      Also uploading folder where it gets recorded and updated everyday

      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zd...Lx8hWWhekJ5jtS

      Comment


        #18
        I experience the same. I can import these files into NinjaTrader 7 but they do not successfully import into NinjaTrader 8.

        It seems as if the entire folder '01m' is critical to importing data successfully. I have created a new case for Development to review, the internal tracking number is QA-3976.

        I'll follow up when I have more information. Thanks in advance for your patience.
        Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

        Comment


          #19
          Hi,

          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          I experience the same. I can import these files into NinjaTrader 7 but they do not successfully import into NinjaTrader 8.

          It seems as if the entire folder '01m' is critical to importing data successfully. I have created a new case for Development to review, the internal tracking number is QA-3976.

          I'll follow up when I have more information. Thanks in advance for your patience.
          Hi NinjaTrader_PatrickG,

          How are you? Is there any update regarding the issue?

          Comment


            #20
            The tracking number is now 13060 and is scheduled to be included in an upcoming release of NinjaTrader 8. When you see 13060 in the release notes, this issue has been resolved.
            Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by abhishek72457 View Post
              Hi,



              Yes, I can import that same data in Ninjatrader 7 with same method.
              Hi abhishek72457,
              Im using NT7 and getting same error as you whe trying to import data from MS.
              Already created missing tickers on instrument manager but still cant get the data loaded when i set to open a chart.
              Do you use a txt file with MS data or used MASTER file??
              Thanks in advance.

              Comment


                #22
                Hello guillux,

                Thank you for your note.

                When using the NinjaTrader format, the name of the text file to be imported must be the NinjaTrader instrument name followed by a period and "Last", "Bid", or "Ask" depending on the data type. For example:

                MSFT.Last.txt for Microsoft stock last price data

                ES 12-09.Bid.txt for the S&P E-mini December contract bid price data

                $EURUSD.Ask.txt for the Euro/U.S. dollar currency pair ask price data

                Let us know if further questions come up.
                Chris Sch.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by guillux View Post

                  Hi abhishek72457,
                  Im using NT7 and getting same error as you whe trying to import data from MS.
                  Already created missing tickers on instrument manager but still cant get the data loaded when i set to open a chart.
                  Do you use a txt file with MS data or used MASTER file??
                  Thanks in advance.
                  I used Master file. Also Try to check if there were errors while you are importing data.

                  Comment

                  Latest Posts

                  Collapse

                  Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by RandanAL, Today, 05:13 PM
                  0 responses
                  5 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post RandanAL  
                  Started by timko, Today, 05:06 PM
                  0 responses
                  5 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post timko
                  by timko
                   
                  Started by ballboy11, Today, 01:04 PM
                  1 response
                  9 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_PaulH  
                  Started by Linda1507, Today, 01:22 PM
                  2 responses
                  15 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Linda1507  
                  Started by ntbone, Today, 12:15 PM
                  1 response
                  14 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                  Working...
                  X