Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gann Fan woes

Hi,

I recently tried the Gann Fan tool. Actually liked it on longer term charts, but it has one massive drawback which means I cannot leave the drawing on a chart. It seems to sit on top of all else, preventing you selecting anything under it. This is a problem if you draw one across a long term chart. It seems the entire area of the fan becomes the object, instead of just the lines. For me, this makes it pretty unusable. I tried the scroll wheel to move it behind other things, but it does not seem to help. Any way this can be fixed to just have the lines be part of the object clickable, instead of the entire encompassed area?

To replicate, put a few lines on a chart, draw a gann fan over a wider area and try to manage other objects.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

What you'll need to do is change the Z-Order of the drawing object to show in behind of the price bars and other items..

To do this, first select the object with a single left-mouse click.

In addition to the scroll wheel, also hold your Shift key and then use the middle-scroll wheel of your mouse towards yourself to pull the data in front, away from yourself will send the chart object backwards.

Please see the below section of our help guide for more on this, "How to Change the Z-Order of a Chart Object."

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...OfAChartObject

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Hasadafa  
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM