Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer Performance

Hi,

I have a custom indicator that is to be applied to Market Analyzer. Produces 0 or 1 if condition is true.

(if RSI > 30 and RSI(data source) > 45)

that said, when I apply this indicator

Column1: Instrument (100 symbols)
    Column 2-10(Custom Indicator signal timeframes): 5,15,30,45,1H,2H,3H,4H,5H,6H,

the software sometimes hangs up and if I restart, I lose all my alerts.

Question:
    1. If i create multiple Market Analzyer Tabs with less columns(different timeframes for each tab) , will this improve the performance or reduce chances of NT8 hanging up?

Im always worried NT8 will freeze and I have to restart the Alerts process.

I have a dedicated computer and monitor just for Market Analyzer. Standard Intel I5 w 16gb memory.

Hello nguyenak,

Thanks for your post.

With 100 symbols and 10 time frames per symbol that would be a lot of data to load which may be further aggravated by how days of data is being loaded for each column as well as the "Calculate" setting used.

It would certainly take a period of time for all of the data to be loaded, then analyzed by each of the 10 indicator columns as well as the alerts.

To improve your performance we would suggest reducing the amount of data to load, either by reducing the symbols, or reducing the columns and reducing the days to load for each column.

You can try using tabs but that would only impact that amount of graphics processing. Because you are using alerts, all of the tabs would continue to be active so they would continue processing the data, running the indicator and running the alert checks,

Here is a link to the help guides Market analyzer performance tips: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...mance_tips.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Got it...thanks alot.

Ok...so I set my look back to 30 days....

If my indicator is to only scan for stocks with an RSI 30 on different timeframes, I only need a lookback of 2 candles.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920