Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM - adjust average entry price on subsequent entries and targets

Hi NT Support,

On NT 7, when using an ATM, my average entry price adjusts for each target and subsequent market entry; example: I enter long with 1 contract when the price of an instrument is 1000, the instrument price drops to 950, I enter again with another contact at 950 and my average entry price becomes 975, then, the price of the instrument goes up to 960 and I reach a target for my second entry and my average entry price again moves from 975 as I reach this target. The average entry price changed twice - it was originally at 1000, adjusted to 975 when I entered at 950, and then adjusted again when I reached the target of the second contract. In this example my first entry remains open the whole time - no stops were hit/filled.

I am trying to achieve this same effect on NT8 - however, I can only get the average price of my position to adjust when I average down / subsequent entries (on top of an original position), but not when I reach a target for that second or subsequent position - the average price remains the same. How can I get it to do what it does on NT7? Further, I am also trying to accomplish this same effect for a strategy on NT 8 and can't get it to do this. can you please help.

I tried a few different settings in the properties for the ATM in the "ATM Strategy Selection Mode" field, but none of them seemed to achieve the same effect.

thank you, I always appreciate your support.

Hello Austiner87,

Thank you for your post.

From your description, it sounds like you may need to enable the 'Use FIFO for position average price calculations' option.

You may do this by going to the Control Center > Tools > Options > Trading.

Check this option then click 'OK' to save the changes.
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NT Support,

Thank you for the fast response.

I just tried this and am getting the same result - average price of position changes when I enter for subsequent entries (it averages down/up), but the average price does not change when those subsequent targets are hit. I confirmed twice that the FIFO setting was turned on in the options. Is there another setting I can change and try? Thank you,

Todd

Comment

Hello Autiner87,

Thank you for your post.

After testing on my platform, I was able to use the FIFO option along with the ATM Selection Mode 'Keep selected ATM strategy template on order submission' and observed the average entry moved when submitting the second entry order.

Then when the Profit Target is hit for the second entry the average entry is moved to the price of the second entry order.

Are you not experiencing the same behavior on your platform using these parameters or is this not the behavior you are expecting/wanting?

Comment

Hi NT Support,

Thank you, it is working now in the way that i was looking for!

a further question: now I am trying to get the PnL bar on my ATM side panel to match the UnRealized PnL in the control center for this account - how can I get those two PnL totals to match? Is that possible? Thank you!

Comment

Hello Austiner87,

Thank you for your note.

To clarify, do you have open positions on multiple instruments? You may check by going to the positions tab in the Control Center.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes