Running Playbacks faster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Playbacks faster?

Hi there, I am selecting a new Desktop, and I'd like to pick one that helps me run through Playbacks much faster. Questions:

- Can Playback mode take advantage of multiple cores? Say I have one PC that's a dual core, and another that is a quad core. Will Playback mode be able to take advantage of multiple cores? Will more cores then run my Playback faster?

- Can Playback calculations be pushed onto the graphics card, to speed it up? For instance, you see this with Bitcoin miners. The software is designed to push the number crunching on a graphics card, where it can be calculated much faster. Would Playback mode in NT8 be able to take advantage of a fast graphics card then?

- Any other thoughts or features I should look for in a PC which would have speedy exectuion of Playback mode?

Thanks,

Hello timmbbo,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

We do not officially have any specific hardware recommendations outside of the installation guide.

NinjaTrader 8 is designed to use multiple cores of your PC.

Regarding GPU processing, as long as whichever graphics card you end up choosing supports DirectX 10 (which is very likely with most cards), NinjaTrader 8 will be able to render all of its graphical elements using that piece of hardware, rather than using more inefficient software rendering functionality.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Aviram Y  
    Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes