Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manually managing 2 different positions in the same market

Hope you can help me.
    I trade the same instrument with the same basic setup but on different timeframes. For example, looking for an entry on DAX on a 4 renko chart and DAX on a 6 renko chart. Using the same setup, the 4 renko will usually present and be entered first, then, if the setup also appears on the 6 renko, a second position will be entered sometime later, based upon the signal presenting on the 6 renko chart. If the 4 renko trade is still open, I now have two separate positions which I want to manage separately. Entry, targets and stops are likely different. Is there a way for this to be shown and managed on Charttrader? You can imagine I would likely want to close the position entered on the 4 renko timeframe ealier than the position on the 6 renko timeframe because my exit signal would likely appear earlier. I don't want to exit everything at once and I want to be able to manually trail my stop for each trade separately as the trades develop. What I am reading in the help files and videos keeps showing a single average entry price for the 2 positions once the second one is entered, which I don't want to see. I want to see them as distinct positions for the purposes of management, as if I had done one trade in one acct and the other trade in another acct.

I use a basic ATM with only an automated stop loss without a target in both trades. I manage the exits manually according to how the trade develops. It seems that when I hit the "Close" button, all positions are closed, which I don't want. I hope this is clear. Thx in advance!
    Scott

Hello Scott,

Thanks for the post.

The Close button is designed to close all open positions on the selected account. You would have to use either define a profit target for each ATM strategy or use Chart Trader and adjust the quantity to exit a certain number of contracts.

On the PnL calculation, NinjaTrader will always calculate an average PnL for scaled positions. I will submit a feature request to include a partitioning of PnL values for each instance of an order entry window.

Edit: Here is the tracking ID for the requested feature: SFT-3332

I look forward to assisting further.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChrisL; 07-02-2018, 06:38 AM.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes