Alerts / Market Analyzer / Strategy Window best use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts / Market Analyzer / Strategy Window best use

I would like to scan an instrument list and get and alert if an entry from a strategy is triggered or be able to scroll through the instrument list and see if there has been a trigger.

Basically I would like to do manual entries for one of my strategies and trying to figure out the best way to be notified "real time" if an entry is triggered.

Would the market analyzer or alerts be appropriate for this or would running the strategy in Sim Mode be a better way.

Thank you for any suggestions on the best way to accomplish this

hello sdauteuil,

I wanted to clarify the use of the term strategy here, are you reffing to a NinjaScript strategy or do you mean strategy as in your study/calculation or an indicator?

The Market analyzer specifically cannot run NinjaScript Strategies but it can run Indicators. If you mean to be notified by a "strategy" or some code an indicator could be used in the analyzer for that purpose.

If you already have NinjaScript strategies doing this you could use those as strategies or convert the code to an indicator as well. The only benefit to using an Indicator for this purpose would be that you don't need to enable it because it just exists as a column in the analyzer and applies across all instruments.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes I have NinjaScript strategies programmed.

So I would convert the strategy to an indicator and instead of triggering a trade I would create some kind of plot that would appear in the Market Analyzer?
      Could I program it to show if the instrument would be in an active trade and how many days ago the signal fired?

Will you send me a link on how to link an indicator to the Market Analyzer.

Thank you

Stefan

Comment

Hello sdauteuil,

So I would convert the strategy to an indicator and instead of triggering a trade I would create some kind of plot that would appear in the Market Analyzer?
        Correct however from an indicator you could also make use of the alert system and the alerts window as well as plotting data.

Could I program it to show if the instrument would be in an active trade and how many days ago the signal fired?
        From an indicator you could plot different values like 0 or 1 to denote when trading should happen. The analyzer could then use column conditions to color or hide/show rows. An indicator can only display simple values in the analyzer, for other more complex values like a string of text or multiple values you would have to use a market analyzer column type instead of an indicator. An actual column does work differently than an indicator as it is intended for realtime data, you can see some of the existing columns in the NinjaScript editor if you needed to work with text.

Will you send me a link on how to link an indicator to the Market Analyzer.
        There is a small note about that in the following section: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...owToAddColumns
        You essentially just add the Indicator column and then select which indicator you want in its properties.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes