Collapse

Issue with TPO/Letter Profiles in version 8.20 and Profile Indicator Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with TPO/Letter Profiles in version 8.20 and Profile Indicator Request

Hello,

There is an issue with the TPO style charting not updating or printing under certain conditions. This chart I have posted previously worked in version 8.19 and now it will not print the letters with the current price movement. I have the setting to update the chart live on each tick and still nothing. I've attached my settings and a picture of the issue. There should be a "A" period printing on the CURRENT bar.

Also, it would be a great if the TPO and Volume profile were separated bc the TPO style chart could really use a few TPO specific updates. Here is my list:
    1. The ability to split the TPO periods into individual columns for each letter/period; then, merge them back into the full daily profile. (Basically split into individual columns and merge feature)
    2. The Ability to merge days into composites more easily (similar to the volume profile drawing tool). [Maybe just selecting two or more profiles and having a merge button rather than doing it in the properties menu]
    3. Letting the user define the Times and allowing for the user to select the letter associated with that time.
    4. Creating a specific color option (or even little triangles) for the open and close (Not wasting or creating the letters "o" and "c" for these, especially because sometimes the opening letter "o" stacks with the opening time period)

These features would be a real boost to the TPO style charting and set it on par with better packages seen in other places (like Sierra). I think the Volume Profile is really well thought out and built with user friendly features. Awesome work there for sure. Also, the use of blocks is great also especially for zooming in and out. However, the TPO could use some functionality upgrades and consideration as its own indicator.

Thanks Ninja Team!
    -Zero

Click image for larger version

Name:	PubChart.png
Views:	1488
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1082360

Comment

Name:	PubChart2.png
Views:	1105
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	1082362

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

As for your first inquiry, this would be related to how you have this profile configured. Unfortunately there can be limitations using Profile period 'Sessions' in connection with daily bars, as the provider bars could get mismatched to the selected trading hours.

To resolve, please set the 'Profile Period' to 'Bars' as 'Sessions' is not defined for Daily bars. Please note: our Help Guide does warn that daily bars may not react well with this configuration for the indicator:

As for the feedback you have provided regarding potential improvements created by having a distinct TPO profile, I have forwarded that to our development team as a feature request.

I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Awesome! Thank you for the fix. I just never had to use that setting in version .19, but now I know.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4521. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

Hi,
              I would like add a vote for feature SFT-4521.
              I appreciate, Luca.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the note.

Your vote has been added to SFT-4521.

Comment

Originally posted by _Zero_ View Post

Name:	PubChart2.png
Views:	1105
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	1082362
                  I do not seem to have the Order Flow Market profile indicator....

Is it custom? I have a lifetime license.

I am also unable to get wider TPO profiles (regardless of whether I use daily or 30 minute bars). Most of the space is empty.

Comment

Hello aviat72,

Thank you for the post.

The 'Order Flow Volume Profile' would be the market profile discussed here.

As for the width, in your indicator menu you can see there is an option for 'Profile width (%).' If you select a larger percentage, it will display a wider profile.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Melissa View Post
                      Hello aviat72,

Thank you for the post.

The 'Order Flow Volume Profile' would be the market profile discussed here.

As for the width, in your indicator menu you can see there is an option for 'Profile width (%).' If you select a larger percentage, it will display a wider profile.

I am not able to expand the size of the tpo proile even at 100%

Comment

Hello,

This is likely due to the profile type.

Your profiles are based on 1 minute bars.

If you change the profile period to 'Session' I suspect they would be quite a bit wider.

As it is, you may zoom in on these profiles by left-clicking on the price or time scale and moving your mouse up/down (price) or left/right (time) to change the scale of the chat.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Comment

The chart is a dialy chart with hidden bars. The profile is bassed on bars (1). It does not matter whether it is sessions or bars.

If you have a chart template where the TPOs are wide enough could you please share that here? I will try and reproduce it.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

With a Price profile using 1 minute data I suspect your profile will always be a bit difficult to view.

If you change the 'Ticks per level' setting to, for example, 10, this would make the profile more visible. The more you condense those ticks per level, the easier to view it will be.

For example, here is my chart with 10 ticks per level:

Name:	1.png
Views:	1108
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1109611

Comment

Thanks. That helped. I am using 4 Ticks per letter now.

(1) I also noticed another issue. If I use the CME US Futures RTH Session Template on a Daily Chart, I get a few stray letters carrying over from the 3:00PM to 3:15PM time-frame into the next day.

If I change the Daily Bars to use the US Equities RTH Session Template on a Daily Chart, they go away. When using the Futures Session Template the letters should be with the day which just ended and not the next one.

(2) I also noticed that in some configurations the Profile Width filed changes from (%age) to px , which I presume is Pixels. Could you provide more insights into the % vs px behavior.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kempotrader  
                              Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kempotrader