Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another example..

The OR is not correct...

The Daily Bar using the CME ETH FUtures session template which starts at 5PM.

This was the case where there was a gap up at the 5PM open. However the OR is showing session upto 4PM which should be with the previous day's profile.

Comment

Hello aviat72,

Thank you for the update.

You may read more about the different configurations available for this indicator in our Help Guide:

As for the stray letters, which version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? You can find this in Help->About from the Control Center.

This is relevant as during a recent release a similar symptom was resolved.

I look forward to resolving your inquiry.
      Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Melissa View Post
        Hello aviat72,

Thank you for the update.

You may read more about the different configurations available for this indicator in our Help Guide:

As for the stray letters, which version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? You can find this in Help->About from the Control Center.

This is relevant as during a recent release a similar symptom was resolved.

I look forward to resolving your inquiry.
        8.0.22.2 64-bit

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply and my apologies for missing a key point earlier.

You are using a Daily chart, which means the trading hours will not be respected on your chart.

Daily bars are sent whole from the provider and as such will not respect the trading hours template you have applied to your chart.

I found that when I changed my chart to a 1440 Minute interval to simulate daily bars, the stray letters were removed from the next day's profile.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Same issue with 1440 minutes bar with both US Equities RTH and US CME FUtures RTH Templates...

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the update.

I can confirm I am seeing the same results now after adjusting my settings to match yours exactly.

I have done some further research and this is expected and really boils down to the chart interval you are using.

As our Help Guide states, Price Profiles are not supported on Daily, Weekly or Monthly charts:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ngPriceProfile

For example, if I open up a 1 Minute chart with the 'Sessions' profile period instead of the 'Bars' profile period, my profiles are essentially identical except for the stray letters.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	339
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	1109896

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Comment

Thanks. It would really help if you could post some standard templates (or update the help doc).
                For most tasks the 30 min bars would be OK.

Also even with 30 min bars, a lot of space in the profile is left blank. Ideally I would like the profiles to be much closer to each other.

So if you could suggest a template which shows the letters without the profiles being far apart it would be great. In fact they do not have to be equidistant (since the profile width can vary)

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately sharing templates for indicators would be a bit outside the scope of our support, though other users in the forum are free to share them if they would like.

As for the distance between profiles, unfortunately at this time there would be no way to adjust this.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Quick question about the letter profiles - are you able to split each period apart so that they do not fill into a composite? I.e. on an intraday chart, "B" period is in one column and when "D" period begins, if the prices differ they do not combine on the vertical. So essentially, every letter period will have it's own column within a single profile. Many other platforms offer this as a standard of market profiles but I wasn't able to find this setting within NT8's order flow tools as a lifetime license. Thanks!

Comment

Hello rborshan,

Thank you for the post.

Unfortunately there would currently be no way to configure this with the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3838. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post wzgy0920  
                        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes