Adding a historic instrument?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a historic instrument?

Hi there, how do I add a historic instrument into a list?

As an example, I have no problem adding the current ES contract, of ES 3-20. However, say I want to run charts for the ES 3-19 and 6-19 in playback mode. Through the Tools -> Instruments or New -> Chart -> Data Series, I can find no way to configure or add previous furutre contracts, of say ES 3-19, into a chart. I understand how to add current instruments, but not how to specify past periods of instruments.

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

Thanks for the inquiry.

To add a past expiration, change the 'expiry' drop down menu to the expiration you are wishing to add, and then click the left facing arrow to add this to your instrument list. You can then select this expiration in any window on the platform.

Below is a link with further detail:

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi there, thanks for your swift reply.NinjaTrader_RyanS

Unfortunately, I'm not able to apparently find the navigation path to the Expiration drop down. When I go into windows of Tools -> Instruments, Tools -> Instruments -> Proprerties, or New -> Chart -> Data Series, I'm not seeing the Expiration option in any of those windows. So what is the navigation path to get to the Expiration drop down?

Thanks for your extra help.

Comment

Hello,

It looks like you are using NinjaTrader 8 instead of NinjaTrader 7. In NinjaTrader 8, no additional steps are required to load a contract to an instrument list, as you can click in the instrument drop down menu of any chart/superdom etc and manually type in the contract such as ES 03-19 and press enter to load this contract. If loading replay data via Tools>Historical Data, you can again manually type in whatever contract you are wishing to load data for and press enter.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

NinjaTrader_RyanS, thanks, that answered half of my question, of loading historica charts. Yes, I migrated from NT7 to NT8, so my mindset was still on the NT7 way. However, I'm not able to load data for a historical chart, which you can see from the image. I get this same error on a second installation on a second machine.

Your thoughts? Thanks again.

Comment

Hello,
            The error you are seeing is expected for replay data, as only the last 90 days of data are stored on our servers.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes