Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Performance

Hello,
    I'm a discretionary trader and also a developer (ios + .net). I'm doing well with my trading but I always wonder if I am leaving too much money on the table. Does NT have the ability to show me my trade performance if I held on to every trade for another point or 2? If not has anyone developed a custom script to do this? Nothing in my trading is automated or I would do this within a strategy.

Thanks so much
    Warren

Hello westsider,

I am not aware of anything like this or to show potential win/loss based on existing trade performance, there are tools like the Risk Reward Ratio or ruler which can help map distances from a point but but these do not factor in trade performance.

This is certainly possible through custom coding however I am not aware of a specific example like this.You could potentially create an indicator that monitors an account to get its order information and then create a trade performance collection with those trades. That could be used to mark the chart or do other calculations based on performance.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,
      Thank you for your prompt response. What are you saying that makes sense to me. Can access all my historical trades through trade performance or will that only show me the trades I entered that day?

Thanks very much,
      Warren

Comment

Hello westsider,

That really depends on how you approach the problem. If you are collecting data as you go or essentially what I had described that would only be for the time you are collecting data. You can use the addon account methods to access execution information for the account so you could potentially put together the historical trades for the current session as well. There is not specifically a Trade collection for the account so you would have to pair the trades yourself if you also wanted this to work for past trades. There is also not a way to go beyond the current trading session, if you wanted to go back further you would likely need to include some logic to save data as you go so you can re load it later when needed.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse, Thank you so much for the clarification I'll read the documentation and move forward from there. I appreciate the tips you gave me.
          Thank you,
          Warren

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses