Start Up Error - Object Reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start Up Error - Object Reference

I am getting an error upon start up - Unhandled Exception: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.

I had this problem once before when I deleted a strategy and was open in the strategy analyzer. Once I closed all the strategy analyzer tabs the error went away.

This time it happened after I deleted a sim account -
    I couldn't open one of the workspaces and got that error message again. I tried to delete the workspace from inside NT but it would not let me. I deleted the workspace from the NT folder itself (I am not sure if I got all the references/folders to that workspace) but I am still getting the error message on startup. I the only workspace I have left is the one named untitled.

I do not know if the above has anything to do with the problem but any assistance would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Object Reference error.JPG
Views:	682
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1082747
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Object Reference Log.JPG
Views:	454
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	1082749
    Attached Files

Hi sdauteuil, thanks for your note.

Please first try moving all of the workspaces out of your Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces to your desktop or some other folder and delete the Workspaces.xml file as well. If the problem does not occur then move your workspaces back into the workspaces folder and try to open them.

If this continues please re-install NinjaTrader by running the installer from the link below:

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The workspace did not work.

What is the best way to re-install in terms of backup?

I have active strategies I use - I do keep a separate backup of these. I also have a large amount of historical data.

Should I run a NT backup - re-install - restore from backup
      or
      Make a copy of the Ninja Trader 8 folder - re-install - replace the copy of the Ninja Trader 8 folder.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi sdauteuil, thanks for your reply.

Before doing a backup you should try doing a full reset of your database. If this does not work it means there is some problem within the bin/custom folder (the folder that holds all of the NinjaScript files) Your NinjaScripts should be re-installed if this is the case.

To reset your database:
        • Close out of NT
        • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> db--> "NinjaTrader.sdf" file (may only say 'NinjaTrader' depending on your Windows File Explorer settings)
        • Right click on NinjaTrader.sdf and select "Rename" *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.sdf"
        • Restart NT and test with a new database.
        • If the problem continues to reverse this procedure (delete the newly created db and re-name the old one back to normal).

If there is something within the NinjaTrader 8/bin/custom folder causing the problem then you should create a restore point that does not include the custom scripts and re-install them after you run the backup procedure.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...p__restore.htm - Backup and restore

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes