Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RT data feed with NT8 and Interactive Brokerage

Hello,

I would like to use my NT8 lifetime license with my Interactive Brokers and I'm looking for a RT datafeed. I am not interested in changing brokers and I would prefer not to use the RT data from Interactive Brokers.

What are the available choices to power NT8 with a RT datafeed that can be used to trade with Interactive Brokers?

I thank you in advance

RadarTradar

Kinetick
    IQFeed

Comment

Hi RadarTradar thanks for your note.

Supported data only feeds include Kinetick or IQFeed. Here are publicly available links to both:

If I can assist any further please let me know.
      Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by RadarTradar View Post
        .... and I would prefer not to use the RT data from Interactive Brokers.
        Hello,
        may I ask why?
        is it because IB tick data are low quality?
        I am trying to find out whether IB futures tick data is suitable for orderlfow indicators (just real time), but I cannot find clear info on this subject, except this "cryptic" web page at this link:

I would like to use IB futures tick data because of the much lower fees compared to Kinetick or IQFeed
        thx

Comment

I too would like to know why ninjatrader can't add loading of historical tick data from IB, this has been a known issue for a long time, come on ninjatrader give us the tools we require to use your platform how we like. Other major charting platform allow loading of the data from IB, why not NT, please explain your reason why it has not been implemented.

Comment

Hello,

The Interactive Brokers connection adapter in NinjaTrader was built before Interactive Brokers allowed historical tick data to be received through their API. The functionality for historical tick data has not yet been implemented.

We are tracking interest behind this with the enhancement request ticket SFT-2837. I have submitted votes for chris_hkg and guidoisot. This is an internal number, but for anyone else wishing to have their interest tracked, please let our support staff know that you would like a vote added for this request.

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

We look forward to assisting.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add me to the list of supporters for this. IB tick data is only 4 bucks a month last time I checked. The only reason I can think of as to why this hasn't already been implemented is that IB customers would no longer have any need for Kinetic or IQ feed and this likely provides a conflict of interest for you since they are overtly pimped by NT (and why we will never see this added. Just sayin'

Comment

Hello bortz,

Thank you for your note.
                A vote has been added for you for SFT-2837.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

+1

Please add my vote.

Comment

Hello bltdavid,

Thank you for your note.

Comment

Please add my vote to this feature request,

R

Comment

Hello Rugosoft,

Thank you for your note.

Heath R.

Comment

Please add my vote for SFT-2837.

Comment

Originally posted by RadarTradar View Post
                            Hello,

I would like to use my NT8 lifetime license with my Interactive Brokers and I'm looking for a RT datafeed. I am not interested in changing brokers and I would prefer roblox music codes not to use the RT data from Interactive Brokers.

What are the available choices to power NT8 with a RT datafeed that can be used to trade with Interactive Brokers?

I thank you in advance

RadarTradar
                            This has been a known issue for a long time, come on ninjatrader give us the tools we require to use your platform how we like. Other major charting platform allow loading of the data from IB, why not NT.
                            Last edited by laurenta53; 02-24-2020, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by laurenta53 View Post

This has been a known issue for a long time, come on ninjatrader give us the tools we require to use your platform how we like. Other major charting platform allow loading of the data from IB, why not NT.
                              I use IB for trade execution and account mgt but also have a Thinkorswim account for charting. My understanding, unless there is a recent change is that IB does not provide real time tick data. The IB API is still time based (not sure how many milliseconds) but it definitely isn't tick based (unless something changed recently).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post alifarahani  
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH