Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding New Target to an Active ATM Doesn't Seem to be Working Right

HI,

When I trade live with futures, I most the time use a manual entry on the SuperDOM(Dynamic) and then manually place my stop and profit targets. I'm trying to automate this a little more, using an ATM. I haven't liked the ATMs in live trading, because once activated, I haven't been real successful at adding quantity to an active ATM managed order.

But I see in the NT 8 user manual it says:
    Order Entry
    SuperDOM
    Managing Positions
    "New targets are added 4 ticks from your current outside target for futures..."

Sounds easy ... so I thot I'd give it a try again, but it doesn't seem to be working right or I'm not working right.

As a test, I just setup an ATM for 20 lots, Day, with a stop of 20 and the first PT of 5 at 100, 2nd PT of 5 at 110 and 3rd PT of 10 at 120 and the DOM Scale In property set to 5. I'm running on the current CL instrument in my sim 101 account for testing purposes. I just tried the ATM on my live feed, and when the order was filled everything was there ... stop and 3 PTs. The problem I'm having is when I move PT1 to the current price (to take profit) and then press the "+Target" button on the SuperDOM the new PT comes up just above the current price and almost always gets immediately taken out. I would think the added PT should have gone above the PT that is furthest away from the price, but it doesn't. Having the added PT introduced right above the current price makes the feature unusable for me.

Two additional things would improve this whole managing an active ATM...

1. When adding the actual quantity to the active ATM, the user should be able to select which of the PTs the added quantity is to be applied to. Right now it seems like I have no control over this.
    *added 7/3/18 - the way to do this, is the quantity is always added to the furthest away PT. This way I can put the PT that I want added to furthest away, and bam ... I'm set. I can then move it to wherever once the quantity has been increased.

2. the "4 ticks" be user definable. For us older folk with bad vision and shaky hands, 4 ticks is really close to another PT to fiddle with.

Thanks for your help on this matter.
    Last edited by Trader2020; 07-03-2018, 08:38 AM.

Hello ,

Thank you for your post

Glad to assist. What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example:8.0.X.0)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi EricB,

Thanks for the reply. Following are the answers to your questions:

Q. What version of NinjaTrader are you using?
      A. 8.0.14.2 64 bit

Q Who are you connected to?

A. ANT Dorman

Q. What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?
      A. CL 08-18

Thanks for your help.
      Last edited by Trader2020; 07-03-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Please update via the link below, then write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi EricB,

I've sent the requested documents by email to support to your attention.

Thanks again

Comment

2 additional points.

1. I do have 8.0.14.2 installed - I miss-typed.

2. I updated my suggestions in the first thread to the following:

"Two additional things would improve this whole managing an active ATM...

1. When adding the actual quantity to the active ATM, the user should be able to select which of the PTs the added quantity is to be applied to. Right now it seems like I have no control over this.
            *added 7/3/18 - the way to do this, is the quantity is always added to the furthest away PT. This way I can put the PT that I want added to furthest away, and bam ... I'm set. I can then move it to wherever once the quantity has been increased.

2. the "4 ticks" be user definable. For us older folk with bad vision and shaky hands, 4 ticks is really close to another PT to fiddle with."

Comment

Hello Trader2020,
              I would direct your followup of today to that email that Eric directed you to. You may either put attention James or Eric in it so it goes to the correct technician.
              Also when you do please send your log and trace files.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
              Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
              Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
              Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
              James G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Max238
              by Max238

Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
              1 response