Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChartTrader Stop-Limit Offset value should be Negative not Positive

Hello Support,

I think I found a problem with either the ChartTrader or the help documentation.

I attached a screen scrape from the help documentation of how to set the stop-limit offset using chart trader.

I've hilited the area that says you must set the offset ot +4 to have the limit price offset by 4 ticks when setting up a Buy or Sell stop-limit.

I've found that it "should" read -4. I've tested this a few times using the trend simulation connection.

Can you pls verify that to offset a stop-limit order the offset value must be positive or negative ?

Thank you
    Attached Files

The help documentation is correct. The value being either positive or negative changes the behavior of the order. A positive value would result in a standard stop limit order. A negative value will submit a simulated stop order.

A positive value for the offset indicates that the limit price would be 'worse' than the stop price. Once your stop price is reached, the limit order is submitted at a 'worse' price with the intent of filling at a price between the stop price and limit price. The example in the help guide of a stop price of 1000 and a limit price of 1001 demonstrates this (assuming buy order. This could be clarified in the help guide).

If you read the next paragraph, it details what a negative value would accomplish - simulated stop order. Please see the section linked below for more details on simulated stop orders:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse