Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loading daily volume incorrect

Hello there,

When I download historical data for stocks I notice that the volume is incorrect. It is way higher than it should be. For example data for AALB on 3-1-2020 volume at broker is around 200k while ninja says it is 19.655.800

NinjaTrader doesn't create any data. The historical data you're referring to is coming from your connected data provider.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    • AALB is not a built in instrument in NinjaTrader. Can you clarify what stock this is exactly? When I search the web, I find "Alberts NV"

Comment

I use version 8.0.20.0 64-bit
      I am connected to IB for european data, I dont get errors and yes AALB is alberts NV
      So I tried connecting to the free kinetick to download data for AAPL. And also here it seems that the volume is not correct. However this time its just a bit off while for the european its off by atleast a factor 100.

Comment

I agree that on Trader Workstation I see a volume for AALB around 200k. Unfortunately my test Interactive Brokers account is not enabled for real-time AALB data so I cannot confirm what displays in NinjaTrader. Similarly, the only valid mapping for this stock I could find for Kinetick was an OTC/penny stock clasification 'AALBF'. I'm curious to know how you were able to pull in this data via Kinetick. I suspect you may have just been looking at Interactive Brokers data that was stored locally.

Please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2381005 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

I sent the email. Note that I didnt pull AALB via kinetick. U can't pull european data from kinetick as far I know. I used kinetick to pull data from s&p500 and nasdaq

Comment

I was able to resolve the issue by adding a multiplier of 1 to the mapping:
            Typically, the multiplier is already handled by NinjaTrader for default instruments, however, when you add in a new instrument in the database (specifically a non-US equity), a multiplier of 1 may need to be added.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes