Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

TPO Development Request (Vote: SFT-4521)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPO Development Request (Vote: SFT-4521)

The Volume Profile indicator has been great and well executed; however, it would be great if the TPO was given it’s own consideration. There is a real need for the TPO and Volume profile to be separated bc the TPO style chart could really use a few TPO specific updates. Here is my list:

1. The ability to split the TPO periods into individual columns for each letter/period; then, merge them back into the full daily profile. (Basically, expand the TPO periods into individual columns and merge them back to the normal profile).

2. The Ability to merge days into custom composites more easily (similar to the volume profile drawing tool). [Maybe just selecting two or more profiles and having a merge button rather than doing it in the “properties” menu, or creating a “merge with next/previous profile” button].

3. Letting the user define the Times and allowing for the user to select the letter associated with that time.

4. Creating a specific color option (or even little triangles) for the open and close (Not wasting or creating the letters "o" and "c" for these, especially because sometimes the opening letter "o" stacks with the opening time period)

ADD 5. The ability to split a day during a specific period and have it stand alone as its own Profile. For example, splitting a day into A-G periods and E-P periods and letting those both stand alone.

These features would put Ninja on par with other TPO charting software out there. I’m specifically referencing Sierra’s TPO features and seeing if we can get Ninja at that level.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I noted you have posted this in more than one place, so the other identical post in the Indicator Development forum has been removed and we would ask that you refrain from double posting as this can cause several of our techs to be working on the same issue.

We have previously recorded this feature request for you. I have added your additional request to the other parts. As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by _Zero_ View Post
      The Volume Profile indicator has been great and well executed; however, it would be great if the TPO was given it’s own consideration. There is a real need for the TPO and Volume profile to be separated bc the TPO style chart could really use a few TPO specific updates. Here is my list:

1. The ability to split the TPO periods into individual columns for each letter/period; then, merge them back into the full daily profile. (Basically, expand the TPO periods into individual columns and merge them back to the normal profile).

2. The Ability to merge days into custom composites more easily (similar to the volume profile drawing tool). [Maybe just selecting two or more profiles and having a merge button rather than doing it in the “properties” menu, or creating a “merge with next/previous profile” button].

3. Letting the user define the Times and allowing for the user to select the letter associated with that time.

4. Creating a specific color option (or even little triangles) for the open and close (Not wasting or creating the letters "o" and "c" for these, especially because sometimes the opening letter "o" stacks with the opening time period)

ADD 5. The ability to split a day during a specific period and have it stand alone as its own Profile. For example, splitting a day into A-G periods and E-P periods and letting those both stand alone.

These features would put Ninja on par with other TPO charting software out there. I’m specifically referencing Sierra’s TPO features and seeing if we can get Ninja at that level.
      Unfortunately other platforms or third party indicators have this already. If Ninja had this it can be one of the best platforms around. Hope this Request is implemented soon.

Comment

Hello CiprianV,

Thank you for your reply.

I have added a vote for you to SFT-4521 as well.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Comment

Dear NT,

I wholeheartedly agree with this request.

I'm not sure whether you guys who work in NT development actually understand the importance to the trading community of various features?

The TPO features as requested above would help boost your sales I am sure, because it is a vital ingredient to successful trading - well, those traders who make money. All the pro-traders who work in prop firms use TPO for example. It's a vital part of pre-market prep. I am part of several live trading rooms and they all use TPO. The current TPO indicator you have is what I would describe as a basic minimal implementation - and it is often embarrassing to say I use NT. It seriously needs improving.

I thus would like my vote adding to this feature request and hope you implement it soon.

As an additional request, the VP indicator you have which allows you to draw a VP map on the chart in any location is excellent. However it would be extremely useful if the (TPO) PRICE feature of this indicator would also work on lower time frames than the 30 mins which it is stuck with. It ought to be able to dynamically adapt to the chart reference period it is being used for, not fixed at 30 mins. We should be able to change the 30 mins to any time frame reference we wish such as 1m, 30secs, etc.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello globaljobber,

Thanks for your feedback. A vote has been added to SFT-4521.

As an additional request, the VP indicator you have which allows you to draw a VP map on the chart in any location is excellent. However it would be extremely useful if the (TPO) PRICE feature of this indicator would also work on lower time frames than the 30 mins which it is stuck with. It ought to be able to dynamically adapt to the chart reference period it is being used for, not fixed at 30 mins. We should be able to change the 30 mins to any time frame reference we wish such as 1m, 30secs, etc.
            We have received a couple requests for this and are tracking with the internal ticket ID SFT-4008. I have added your vote as well.

We look forward to assisting.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I completely agree with this request! This would be a great improvement to NT8.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello tomasnt8,

We've added a vote for you to SFT-4521 as well.

Comment

Hello,

Do you have an ETA for SFT-4521?

Brett

Comment

Hello bjames,

Unfortunately I have no update on the status of this request, only that we are still assessing interest.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Comment

Please add my vote for split TPO profiles on NT8. Thanks!

Comment

Hello LeTigre,

Thank you for your post.

I've added a vote on your behalf to SFT-4521 as well.

Comment

Dear Ninja-Team,

please add my vote to SFT-4521 as well.

Thanks,
                          Harvard

Comment

Hello Harvard,

Thanks for your feedback. A vote has been added.
                            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can add my vote too. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jclose
                              by jclose