Resetting Playback / Sim account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resetting Playback / Sim account?

Hi there, what is the path to reset a sim account?

When doing playback simulations, I'm getting the error, "Order can not be submitted. Not enough excess margain" From prior support requests (https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-excess-margin) I see the directions for NT8 are:

> From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
    > Right click on your simulation account and select 'Edit Account'
    > Press the "Reset" button

However, on my Accounts tab, a right click does not provide an "Edit Account" option. While I can go into the Properties, there is no option there on resetting.

So, what is the correct navigation path to reset my playback / sim account? Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. To reset the Replay account, you will need to reset the Sim101 account, which should show the Edit Account option when right clicked. The two accounts share settings in these respects.

Please let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Eric,

Thanks for your reply, although I'm still not getting it. According to prior directions (https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...reset-sim-acct)
      • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
      • Right click on your simulation account and select Properties
      • Press the "Reset" button

On the third step, there is no "Reset" button. (See my second image in the first post.) There is a "Preset" buutton. Pressing this button creates does not reset the values, and if I continue my simulation, the original error continues.

Furthermore, you advise me to use the "Edit Account" option. However, if you view my first image which shows this menu, that option is not active within my menu. So, how do I get the "Edit Properties" option to become active then?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the oversight. You will need to disconnect Playback, then right click the Sim101 account > select 'Edit account...' > see the lower right 'reset.'

Let me know if you see the same.

Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Eric, thanks, although I'm still not there.

In pic1, there is no connection. You can see there is an account, "Sim101", where I can change the cash value.
          in pic2, I initiate a playback connection. Now, Sim101 disappears, replaced by Playback101, When I attempt to edit, there is no option underneath the Properties window.
          In pic3, the playback connection is now ready. Now, the "Edit Account" option in the menu is inactive.

In this sequence, there was no opportunity to edit the cash value of the playback account. How can I rectify?

Thanks again.

Comment

It's not currently possible to edit the settings of the Playback101 account directly, however, the Playback101 account mimics the Sim101 account so changing of the Sim101 cash value should have also changed the Playback101 cash value. When you changed the Sim101 cash value, did you click on 'reset' at the bottom right?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rjbtrade1, 11-30-2023, 04:38 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DavidHP
            by DavidHP

Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes