MySQL database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MySQL database

Can I use a prefabbed MySQL database for backtesting? I can't seem to find any information. I'm guessing it's not possible.

Hello hedron,

MySQL databases is outside of the scope we can offer support. Some community members may have an expertise in this area and can lend you a hand.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Interesting topic...

@Ninjatrader_Eric, can you point us to documentation or source code that describes how NT accesses supported backtest data?

Comment

Hello RandyT,

Thank you for the post.

From NinjaScript you would utilize the price data objects to retrieve data during a backtest: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...riceseries.htm

The overall NinjaTrader source code and backtesting source code is closed source so this would not be available.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I fully understand that NT is closed source. However, thought you might be able to shed some light on the code (or some external SDK) that would cover how NT interacts with the time series database. That would be the info we would need to be able to point NT to other databases as sources of time series data.

Comment

Hello RandyT,

Thank you for the reply.

The Data loading and series etc.. on the platform are all custom and not exposed externally. This is all designed in-house by the NinjaTrader developers so there would be no other information on these objects outside of what we document in the help guide.

What specifically are you trying to do with your outside data source? Is this to import some form of data?
            For importing historical data the only suggested route would be to use the historical data import tool: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ta_manager.htm

For any other types of data, you are using C# so you could use whatever method to load that data that you wish via an indicator/strategy/addon.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have years of data which I have preprocessed to calculate Augmented ****ey Fuller, Hurst Exponent, etc for applying other machine learning and forecasting algorithms. Being able to use this data directly in a strategy while backtesting would greatly speed up the process.

I know of other timeseries data that it would also be interesting to develop add-ons for those data sources as well.

I'll take a look at the links you provided, but it would be a nice feature request to at least expose some of this information so that some of us could create connectors for MySQL, PostgreSQL, REST APIs, mongodb, etc.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rocketman7