McClellan Summation Index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McClellan Summation Index

Is there a McClellan Summation Index Indicator somewhere that I don't know about. Im new to the platform so dont know all the areas to look in. I have looked in the User Apps area also.
    Thanks in advance for any help

Hello SAITON,

Thanks for your post.

The McClellan Oscillator indicator is available for NinjaTrader 8. You may download it here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=7&id=958
    As noted in the indicator description, it is currently written to be attached to a one minute chart. This may be changed within the NinjaScript editor.

Otherwise, if you should be able to plot an index that you are subscribed to view with supported Index data providers:

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Marco. Can you tell me thought if this is considered the same as the summation Index. I noted there is already a McClellan Oscillator indicator in Ninja trader though I thought it was different from the McClellan Summation Index Indicator. I will download it to take a look at the 1 minute which you say can be adapted in the NinjaScript editor. Is this something that require some programming knowledge as I am new to NT.

Also I have noted that it says when downloading the 1 minute indicator it says NOTE: Only available on connections enabled for the ADD index. What does this mean?

Once I download the file and tried to import it told me the file on my PC was a newer version and would I like to replace it. I said yes and it gave me an error saying "the ninjascript Archive file may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC, modify a method signature that other scripts were dependent on, or be missing a required file on either your PC or in the import archive"
      What comments can you update me with for this?

Thanks again for you time.
      Last edited by SAITON; 01-08-2020, 08:27 PM. Reason: Editing post with further information

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not familiar with the specifics of the McClellan Summation Index Indicator you are refering to or how it works versus the McClellan Oscillator, but will leave this thread open to community members to chime in on the topic if they have more experience with the custom indicator.

For the McClellan Oscillator question, this message started that you need the ADD index data available with your data connection for the indicator to run correctly. You can see which data providers support Index data from the Help Guide article below:

For the Ninjascript error, I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "2383660 ATTN Marco G" in the subject line and a link to this forum post in the message body so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        Once you have emailed these to us, you may delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.

Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes