Trading Hours details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Hours details

Is there a listing of the exact trading hours used by each option? I'm having trouble reproducing a chart from another platform. On Canadian dollar for a daily chart in ThinkOrSwim with extended hours turned on I cannot get Ninja to produce the same daily bar. ThinkOrSwim seems to use a 6pm EST open and 5pm EST close close for the daily extended hours chart and cant see that in Ninja trying 24x7 or some others that sound appropriate.

Thanks,
    Zach

Hello zharrison,

Thanks for posting.

Going to Control Center > Tools > Trading hours will allow you to view the built-in trading hour templates.

To check which template an instrument uses by default, go to Control Center > Instruments, search the instrument, then select it and click edit. The default hours may alsobe changed here.

Below I have provided links with more information:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. I see that. The daily chart doesnt seem to reflect that. I have the daily set to CME FX Futures ETH. I am EST time zone so you can see in attached 60min chart that the bar that closes at 3pm closes at .76635 and the bar that closes at 5pm close at .76565. On the attached daily the 12/30 bar closes at .76635 not .76565

Comment

Hello zharrison,

Thanks for clarifying that. This is because daily and weekly bars do not respect the session template in NinjaTrader 8, and will use whatever trading hours the data feed chooses- in this case, RTH is being used. For daily bars, you can get around this by using a 1440 minute chart.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Tyler,

If I use the recommendation you have of setting the chart to a 'Minute' chart and using '1440' minutes to recreate a daily, then I am unable to see what date I am on when hovering over it with the crosshair. It simply states an hour:minute on the bottom of the screen. Is there no way to have a real daily chart in NT8 and be able to manage the hours to be displayed (ETH/RTH) without the work around?

Comment

Hello DanDaMan,

Thanks for posting.

You may see the date by looking at the time display at bottom of the chart, by using pressing Ctrl + D to bring up the Data Box, or by holding the middle mouse button to bring up the Mini Data Box. Below is a link with more information:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes