Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Charts just endlessly loading this morning....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts just endlessly loading this morning....

Any reason why my charts won't load this morning? Also, since unsubbing from Kinetick data, every time I launch NT I get this message - how do I get rid if it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kiketik message_02.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	1083257

Hello Irukandji,

Thank you for your post.

I'll need more information before being able to determine why your charts will not open.

So we can further diagnose your system, please start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
    • Loading workspaces.
    • Connecting on start-up.
    • Loading custom assemblies.
    • Getting instrument updates from the server.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
    Please let me know if you're able to open the platform and open charts in Safe Mode.

Additionally this message means that your Kinetick connection is still set to connect on startup. You'll need to change your connection configuration for Kinetick by unchecking the "Connect on Startup" box in Connections > Configure> then select your Kinetick connection in the configured section.

Please let me know if we can assist you further.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes I'm now in safe mode

Comment

Hello Irukandji,

Thank you for the update.

This typically indicates that the issue is not with NinjaTrader itself, but related to some third party items you have installed.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

As an alternative please:
        • Shut down NinjaTrader
        • Launch NinjaTrader in Safe Mode
          • Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
            • Loading workspaces.
            • Connecting on start-up.
            • Loading custom assemblies.
            • Getting instrument updates from the server.
          • To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
            • Exit NinjaTrader.
            • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
            • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
            • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
        • Close any open Workspaces without saving them (saving over them will remove any custom indicators.) by going to the workspaces Menu in the Control Center, hovering over the workspaces you have open (with a green or grey icon next to them) and clicking the close option that appears.
        • Create a new workspace and name it what you wish then click SAVE to save that workspace.
        • Close and reopen NinjaTrader normally.

This should open the platform with your new clean workspace only.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Comment

"If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time." - yeah I love doing this while I'm desperately trying to enter a trade that is now moving without me, while my Ninjatrader charts just spin their wheels and don't provide any data - great stuff.

Comment

Hello Irukandji,

Thank you for your reply.

I certainly understand your frustration. However, as mentioned, this is likely caused by a third party item that isn't functioning as expected and not the NinjaTrader Platform itself.

Unfortunately, the best way to locate this issue is using the process of elimination to determine which addon you've installed that is causing your error.

To see what (if any) NinjaScript items may be contributing to the symptoms, please open the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor:
            • Control Center > New > NinjaScript Output
            • Right-click within the NinjaScript output window > Select 'NinjaScript Utilization Monitor...
            • This window will begin to populate with NinjaScript items in order of time spent processing
            • Typically the items at the top of this list are having the largest impact, this doesn't necessarily indicate they are the cause but it is a great place to start.
            Additionally, if you have another workspace you'd like to use you can simply switch to that workspace and close the faulty one to continue trading. Additionally to prevent this from occurring again after you've resolved the issue i would recommend making a backup so you have a working point to return to should this issue arise again.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.Please let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes