Which Datafeed do you guys use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Datafeed do you guys use?

For developing strategies, most of my strategies will be using tick data, especially when I begin to explore volumetric studies like footprint. I came across a table recently on NT website or guide that compares the different data providers available but forgot where it is. I need both live and historical tick data. What do you guys recommend?

Hello Boonfly8,

Thank you for your post.

The following link will give you a breakdown of the type of data that would be available from each of NinjaTrader's supported providers:
    If your broker's data feed does not include historical tick data, then we would suggest using Kinetick as a supplement. Kinetick will provide real-time and historical tick data on monthly subscription basis. This will also include Bid/Ask stamped tick data to use for the Order Flow + indicators:
    Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

What is Historical Bid/Ask Daily Data, Historical Bid/Ask Minute Data

can you give me an example? if a provider has historical tick data, can't they build the bid/ask daily data and minute data from that? Doesn't make sense how they would have tick data but not the daily and minute historical bid ask

Comment

Hello Boonfly8,

Thank you for your reply.

This is because the data used to build various chart bars comes from different base data types - Daily data is needed to build Daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly charts. Historical tick data would be able to backfill charts that use tick data like Volume, Renko or Volumetric.

See the below section of our help guide for more on the data types needed to build various chart bars.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...riousChartBars

Let us know if we may assist further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

so I purchased a life time NT license last month during the discount period and currently I have to make a decision about which data provider to use. I am currently still demo with NinjaTrader cqg/continuum and have built my strategies with that. Why doesn't NT demo with Kinetic if that's the preferred data provider? Also, is there a link to pricing for continuum?

When it says for subscription only to Real time data and historical tick data, does that mean it is extra on top of base subscription cost?
          Last edited by Boonfly8; 07-06-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Hello Boonfly8,

Kinetick offers historical Daily data as a free service and as a representative of the type of data that they offer with a monthly subscription.

A brokerage account is required to receive data through Continuum.

You can contact the NinjaTrader Brokerage team at 1.800.496.1683 or through email at [email protected]
            Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jclose
            by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
            10 responses