Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

City index or forex.com beta not on connection list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City index or forex.com beta not on connection list?

HI trying to set up a demo account with city index but forex.com or city index is not on the configure list ?

How do I add it ?

Many thanks

Hello fredfred,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. This indicates the current key is not enabled for access to Forex.com. To inquire about changing the key, send the key and a note to PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com.

In the meantime, entering our simulation key below will allow all available providers to be shown.

Please copy the license key provided below and paste it under the Control Center> Help> License Key:

@SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

HI Eric

Thank you for your reply

I have a life time license and an existing demo account with fxcm, can I not just add a city index demo account as well ?

If I use your key supplied I feel I am wasting the benifits of my paid for lifetime key ?

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

The simulation key would not allow for live trading while entered, but would allow a connection to any demo provider. Live Single Broker keys are broker-specific, so this is why Forex.com is not available on your current key.

Please contact PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with the key and the provider needed.

Comment

Hi Eric

I really do not understand this at all ?

I have Paid for a lifetime licence and have built strategies using the now available benefits for that, for instance the Orderflow series.

Now you are saying I have to throw away my lifetime license to have 2 demo accounts.

I am not using 2 Live accounts, and I don't have a live account with fxcm.

fxcm do not offer spread betting and city index do and here in the UK this has an advantage tax wise. So before I open 1 live I need to test both.

If I enter your Key code as I cannot use my strategies because the Orerflow will not work

It seems to me that you are penalising people buying a lifetime license, just to run 2 demo accounts.

Can you explain what I am supposed to do now please

Comment

I understand, unfortunately at this time there is not a method to use the Order Flow features with the @Sim key entered, only with a live key entered will they function. The issue here is the demo provider needed is not available on your live key, a second key will not be needed.

We will not be able to confirm nor change your key from the forum. Per my last message, Please contact PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com for further assistance on this matter.

Comment

HI Eric

I feel you are missing the point here.

I am not asking to use the Order flow features with your @SIM key.

I have explained the problem. I am not asking for 2 Live accounts.

The nonsense is I have to enter your free @key to access 2 DEMO accounts that I cannot with my PAID License key.

My paid license key allows me to have 1 Live account, what is the problem in having 2 demo accounts that I can have for free. It doesn't add up!

I can not use the @sim accounts because the strategies will not work as I need to have the paid for license to use it.

I suspect because you want me to contact platform sales I am going to be asked to pay $500 to have 2 demo accounts?

If you are going to say I will have to switch from fxcm demo to city index demo, I wonder what fxcm willl say about that? This is ridiculous !

Comment

To clarify, you likely have a live Single-broker key. Single Broker keys are only able to access one live broker technology at a time - right now, this would be FXCM.

The demo you are trying to access is for a different broker, this is why Forex.com is not available in the Configured list. The only method for the key to show other brokers is if the key were converted by our Sales team, or if both brokers are needed then via a multibroker key upgrade.

I understand you concerns and notes regarding access to the demo, and that you are wanting to access this demo setup for testing purposes, but this will not be possible with your current live key.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

HI Eric

When you say :

"To clarify, you likely have a live Single-broker key. Single Broker keys are only able to access one live broker technology at a time - right now, this would be FXCM. "

Thats fine this is understood.

When you say

" The demo you are trying to access is for a different broker, this is why Forex.com is not available in the Configured list. "

This is a demo not a live account, can you see the nonsense here ?

You can access multi broker demo accounts for free but pay us $1000.00 and then you can't!

Surely by paying you guys a $1000.00 I would be adding access to live a live account, but you have taken away access to DEMO account that cost you NOTHING

Comment

HI Eric

I have set up Ninjatrader 8 on a spare lap top to look at City index as I cannot access it on my lifetime license.

I have followed the tutorial here :-

I have the chart loaded but there is no live feed?

The connection indicator is Green and log files says that I am connected

I am connecting through FOREX.com,Have G2 account ticked and have the Ninjaer trader historical data server unchecked

No Feed

what do I check next
                    Thanks

Comment

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
                      Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                      Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                      Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                      Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

HI Eric

I sent the log and trace files, did you receive them ?

Regards

Cliff

Comment

fredfred,

I don't see an email on our end regarding this post. Could you please resend your note at your convenience?
                          Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have sent again

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM