Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric bars issue

Hi,

I purchased a lifetime license mostly for the volumetric bars and I don't know what I am doing wrong but they are unreadable as it is like looking at them from a huge distance. The numbers are just dots. I have attached an image.
    Attached Files

Hello banco,
    Thanks for your post.

The Order Flow Volumetric bars can provide a large degree of detail and facilitate displaying the information in a dynamically sized way. The text will be re-sized as you horizontally or vertically adjust the chart's scale range, or use the 'zoom in' button on your charts toolbar.

You may also try increasing the value of the "Ticks per level" parameter for the Volumetric bars. This parameter sets the level of aggregation for individual price levels causing there to be less levels and in turn a larger font size when increased. You can find this parameter in your Data Series window when Volumetric bars are selected as the bar type.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It seems using those functions the font goes from being legible on a 5 minute chart to being too small to read over the space of half an hour over a 30 minute period of time as you scroll through the chart?

Comment

Are you saying that when you use the zoom tool or adjust the charts scale that the text gets smaller?

What changes have you made?

Comment

I am saying if you use the zoom tool and/or change the scale the first 2-3 5 minute bars of the day have legible text. You scroll to the next 2-3 5 minute bars the text is again illegible.

Comment

I see what you mean. You will need to either adjust the charts scale differently or increase your "Ticks per level"

Comment

Having to increase the ticks per level defeats the purpose of being able to see how much traded at each level.

I honestly don't know how you guys managed to stuff this indicator up so much. Ninjatrader add ons for footprint charts that seem to have been created by some guy in a basement are much more functional. Guess I'll stick with them.

Comment

Originally posted by banco View Post
                Having to increase the ticks per level defeats the purpose of being able to see how much traded at each level.

I honestly don't know how you guys managed to stuff this indicator up so much. Ninjatrader add ons for footprint charts that seem to have been created by some guy in a basement are much more functional. Guess I'll stick with them.
                Banco,

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with the Order Flow Volumetric bars, it is that you have too many compressed bars and a lot of bar information that simply can not be legible.

You do not need to increase the number of ticks in each bar, just expand your time axis to reduce the number of bars on your screen (kind of zoom in).

Just to know, all the similar commercial software out there will behave similarly. It is simply an issue of too many bars in a limited screen size space and any font smaller than 5-6 becomes difficult to discern.

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Waxavi
                by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                0 responses