Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Performance Results wildly inaccurate

Hello,

Sometimes when viewing the historical trade results for my account I see wildly inaccurate results. As in, the last trade that I made is not shown and instead a wildly exaggerated result is shown instead, with completely inaccurate entry/exit. This doesn't just happen for the last result though, it is the entire trade performance report that is inaccurate. Many trades that are not accurate whatsoever. I have simulation checked off and it still shows wild results. I reset the simulation account, and still, completely inaccurate results. I have all my strategies disabled, and still... completely inaccurate results. Restart ninjatrader, still get funky results. However, I've noticed that if I wait a day or two or change the time period of the trade performance results, that it displays correctly. What could be causing this?

Hello chnh1,

Thanks for your post.

I would expect Trade Performance to be reflect the results calculated from the executions stored in your data base. Could you provide screen shots and elaborate further on a specific item that stands out with your Trade Performance report?

Also to note, if you are referring to a Strategy Performance report, we could expect to see differences between that strategy's performance generated from historical data and the actual performance seen from realtime data. I'll include a link that covers discrepancies between realtime performance and performance from trades generated with historical data.

Discrepancies between realtime and backtest - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ime_vs_bac.htm

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim,

I am not running a strategy performance report, I am running the "Trade Performance" report found in the main "New" menu. Is there an e-mail that I can send the screenshot to?

Comment

Hello chnh1,

You may send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attention Jim" and any screenshots attached and we can take a look together over email. (Please also point out some specific items that we should look at first so we can more easily see what you are running into.)

I'm happy to be of additional help.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trade issue.JPG
Views:	488
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1117174

I am having this same issue. For example, since Aug 31st I KNOW I have a 100% win percentage (on very small trades) with about 70 USD in profit (I'm trading small to learn a system)...

and this is reflected in my reports from my broker as well (Thank God).

But when I pull the "trade performance" report... this is what I see.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

I'd like to preface this conversation with the fact that the Trade Performance report has no bearing on actual trades that occurred and should always be considered secondary to your brokerage statement. NinjaTrader has no concept of 'trades', but simply pairs together executions. There are many reasons why a Trade Performance report can become out of sync. A few examples of this:
            • Partial fills
            • Missing executions
            • Duplicate executions
            • Holding overnight positions
            • Running a report from a start date on which you were not flat
            • Using another application or device to place an order may not record the execution within NinjaTrader, including another instance of NinjaTrader on another computer.
            Do any of these scenarios possibly apply to your report?

I look forward to your reply.
            Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Interesting, I did make some trades on the ES Mini on 8/30 and 8/31... and those must have in some way counted as overnight positions despite being after 5 Central Time.

Following your note, I backed out the time frame to 8/29 and the data is precisely as expected.

Comment

I have the same ish issue. I made exactly $489.76 on Friday and it shows that I made $1096.00 as you can see in the attachment. Not sure why its so different. Please advise.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello johnrharkeyjr,

So I may look into this further please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".

Thanks in advance.
                  Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                  Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                  5 responses