Unable to load trading hours error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to load trading hours error message

Hi - I just dl-ed and installed Ninja Trader 8 yesterday. Upon opening, I get an error message, "Unable to load trading hours from file 'CBOE US Index Futures ETH.xml': System.Xml.XMLException: Root element is missing: ... (continues)
    I searched for this message on this forum, and there was a thread talking about the program Acronis causing this error. I do (did) have that program, and so I uninstalled it, uninstalled/reinstalled NT8, but the error persists.
    I'm not sure how to "completely" uninstall NT8, such that it does not repopulate the preexistent (erroneous) file that was apparently damaged by Acronis.
    Is there a way to either get a uncorrupted version of this file, or totally and utterly remove all files. so that it re-installs with a correct version, or another way to fix this error?
    Thanks.

Hello hempstag, Thank you for your post.
    Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader 8.
    • If possible, copy your license key from the Control Center > Help > License Key.
    • Close all running applications.
    • Navigate to your Documents folder > Right-click on the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder > Rename > rename the folder to 'NinjaTrader 8 OLD'. DO NOT delete this folder.
    • Uninstall NinjaTrader within Windows Control Panel.
    • Navigate to C:\ > Program File (x86) > Delete the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder if it exists
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Once these steps are completed, download and install NT8 from the link below.
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi. Thanks, I followed those instructions, but it still re-opened with the (previous settings I had set up), and still gave me the same error again.

Comment

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
          • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
          • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
          • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2387602 ATTN Shawn B

Comment

I re-tried the installation and this time it worked, thanks for your help.

Comment

I'm having the same issue. If I do this re-install, will I lose my ATM strategies and chart settings?

Comment

Hello Mistuh_Bernz,

Thank you for your reply and apologies on the delay.

These settings are stored in your Documents folder. If you would like to leave them you can skip the step about renaming the "Documents\NinjaTrader 8" folder.

However if this does not resolve your issue you'll need to rename this in order to resolve and then add your connection information again.

If you would like assistance with this you can always write into PlatformSupport(at)NinjaTrader(dot) com.
                Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post usazencort  
                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                5 responses