Id issue with NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id issue with NT

Hi, yesterday my computer installed some BIOS updates, and today I tried entering NT, system says mistake: Your machine ID seems to be changed, you need to reenter user information, your license has been changed to Simulation mode only.
    How do I restore Live trading?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. To restore, first enter your live key via Help > License key.

Next, to setup your connection, go to the Control Center > Connections > Configure.

The following link will show how to configure datafeed account connections in NinjaTrader.

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Eric, I entered license key, is that the original one, which I got when opening account?
      If so, I seem now to be able to turn off simulation mode, do I still need to setup connection?
      As in connections I see Live trading already, without me doing anything besides entering license key

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

No, nothing more will be needed if you already have access to the account. Test selecting the connection from the Connections menu to verify you are able to connect again.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

I just did a BIOS update as well and my Machine ID altered. NinjaTrader is now asking me to re-enter all my broker logins and NT license key. Some NT 3rd party vendors are charging money when you update your Machine ID. Anyway to prevent this? No other licensed software on my PC is asking for its license keys to be re-entered after a BIOS update.

Also now I cannot login to my TDAmeritrade account. "Error received from TD AMERITRADE account activity stream:INVALID_KEY". I tried a different profile with another username and got the same error. When tested with the SIM license key, it connects just fine. Also same behavior on two computers.
          Last edited by hurleydood; 03-15-2020, 03:09 PM. Reason: Issue with TDAmeritrade login

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. At this time there is not a method to prevent BIOS change at update. So we may look into the err, please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Include ticket number 2387785 in the body of the email.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
            Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
            Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses