Drawn lines appear in different locations in different time frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    I've kept an eye on this thread because I believe I observe a related issue, sometimes.
    Please see attached screenshots.
    The trendline is drawn using the Ray Drawing Tool on a 3 minute chart, and the Drawing Object is set to draw on all charts.

The resulting line on the 1min chart is not the same as on the 3min chart.

If you give your attention to around midnight 5th Aug to 02:00 you can observe that the majority of bars on the 3min chart are above the Ray, whereas on the 1min the majority are below the ray.

Simplest way to see uit might be to recreate the charts, enable Global Crosshairs' and track the 3min Ray with the mouse. The path the of the crosshairs on the 1min will not match the corresponding Ray.

I can't see a) how this can bee correct b) how any of the explanations/discussion on this thread resolve this (if it needs a different thread, please move)

Whatever, it doesn't seem 'right'.

Kind regards
    Bruce
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

I have seen some behavior where if a global drawing object is drawn with an anchor in the future, the time of that anchor is changed as the charts is updating.

When you drew this ray, were both anchors within the data of the chart?

What is the date and time of both anchors of the object on both charts?
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea and thanks.
        I don't have these now because I delete all drawing objects at the end of the day (don't need them next day, and good practice, I believe, to keep things clean/lite, not have lots of legacy drawing objects back in history to load).

What you describe could be so. What I posted is unusual, but I think not unique.

I think what I may do, sometimes, and this could be one of those, is place anchor 3 'in the price axis' i.e. ahead of price, as you say, 'in the future' wrt time axis. As you can see, I use a small margin so last bar printing is close to the Price axis. If I want to have greater run for the rise so I've got greater accuracy, I may place the anchor there because I have found it allows me to do so.

If this is the result, it seems it would be better not to allow placement of the anchor ahead of current bar?

Anyhow, now I know, I won't. Perhaps it is something you could reproduce easily.

Kind regards
        Bruce

Comment

Hello Bruce,

The behavior I have described with global drawing objects I have reproduced and previously reported to development.

However, I don't know if what I described is what you are experiencing. Please let me know if you would like to further investigate.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea and thanks.
            Next time I see it, I'll keep it.
            Kind regards,
            Bruce

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses