Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anchor points for drawings that are not included in current data

Hi-

If for example I draw a trend channel on a daily chart and look at that same drawing on a 30min chart the channel does not seem to draw properly unless all 3 anchor points are in the date range for the 30min chart. Is that accurate?

Is there a workaround for this? I can manually add my channel on the daily and then add another one on top that has recent anchor points and visually is similar but by just clicking on the screen its very hard to get it to define the same channel but with recent anchor points. Such an approach could be coded I would think.

I found the below thread from NT7 which suggests to me that at the time of this thread this issue did still exist in NT8.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zach

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I can confirm that I see the same behavior as described in the NinjaTrader 7 forum post. If I draw a trend channel on the daily chart then change it to a 30 minute chart it will not display correctly at first. When I change the days to load on the 30 minute chart to include the start of the trend channel, however, I do see the line correctly.

My main suggestion would be to change the days to load on your 30 minute chart so they match the range of your trend channel on the daily chart. I used 365 days on the 30 minute chart to ensure that my channel appeared correctly.

If other users have suggestions for workarounds they are certainly free to share them here as well.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes