Login Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login Failed

Could someone please tell me what Network Connection means in this Error message: Login Failed: Network Connection to the Order Routing System is unavailable.

I've tried to get help from platform support, but just got stupid suggestions and unfortunately, I got pretty rude in reply. Been at this all day now so yes, very frustrated.

Hello SharonSS,

Thank you for your post.

This error most commonly occurs when NinjaTrader is unable to communicate with the servers due to it being blocked by another program, or there is an issue in the path between your computer and the appropriate servers. Please check for software such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software that could be blocking NinjaTrader. In some cases the modem/router has built-in software that prevents the connection to be established.

To resolve this, I recommend the following steps (test for the issue after each step):
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
    • Restart your PC
    • Clear your DNS
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
    • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.
    Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
    • ISP issues
    • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
    • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. This usually happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
    • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Of course I had already done all this except for the DNS - whatever that is.
      • Restart NinjaTrader
      • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
      • Restart your PC
      • Clear your DNS (If I can ever find the Command Prompt, I'll do that.)
      I also had already done your last part before I even contacted Platform support. which was in my reply to Airana:
      1. I've already contacted Comcast and there has already been a modem restart. 2. I already have a static IP address. 3. Why would a firewall suddenly decide to keep NT out. (I double-checked, no problem there) 4. Broker data service out for two days? Give me a break.

All the suggestions don't make any sense to me since I've been using NT for years and now supposedly there are all these problems? Something weird is going on.

Is it possible my connection to Dorman Trading somehow is broken? What is a server? Would that be Dorman Trading? If that's the case, why do you suppose that happened?

Comment

Hello Sharon,

I have followed up to your email to our platform support team regarding this matter. Can you reply to my questions in that email? I will send it again in case it was not received.

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Heath for the suggestion clearing ipconfig /flushdns and how to acccomplish doing that. Didn't solve the problem, but I'm sure it was beneficial somehow.

Thank you Ryan for the specific directions given in your email. Took me forever since the procedures were all new and I had to go through them twice due to me. Your links were invaluable. I've learned a lot.

What I find strange is although I have an inactive NT, my Workspace (Both NT7 and 8) are still showing. However, my account isn't showing under Accounts on Control Center (NT7). I should have mentioned this in my email to you.

Thanks to both! Sharon

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Tim-c
          by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
          0 responses